[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Mixalz

C3 Stingray

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of building a C3 Stingray and am hoping to find some photos showing all the fuel line, oil hose, water hoses etc. I can't find a collection of photos from all angles on google. Anyone able to help?

Cheers,

Michael

I have a 78 C3. The heater hoses in full size are 3/4 & 5/8 inch. The fuel lines are 3/8 inch. The brake lines are 1/4 inch full size. Just scale those back to 1/25 and you will have the size for those parts.

The fuel lines run on the right side of the car from the fuel tank to the fuel pump.

The heater hoses are also on the right side and connect to the water pump and the right side of the intake.

Edited by Len Woodruff

2 minutes ago, Len Woodruff said:

I have a 78 C3. The heaters hoses in full size are 3/4 & 5/8 inch. The fuel lines are 3/8 inch. The brake lines are 1/4 inch full size. Just scale those back to 1/25 and you will have the size for those parts.

Awesome that is gonna help heaps. Do you have a photo of the path  the throttle cable follows from the carby? I'm contemplating including one

Thanks

Edited by Mixalz

1 minute ago, Mixalz said:

Awesome that is gonna help heaps. Do you have a photo of the path  the throttle cable follows from the carby? I'm contemplating including one

Thanks

The throttle is a cable on the left side of the car. Runs from the firewall to the carb.

1 minute ago, Len Woodruff said:

The throttle is a cable on the left side of the car. Runs from the firewall to the carb.

I was mainly looking for the point at which it exits the firewall. This is the best I can find unfortunately 

80-img_0882_40c9fb6bfd09b709f11705e3d58e

That is not a stock carb (the were mostly Quadrajets) but the linkage is the same. You can run the cable through the firewall below the intake manifold would be the factory location.

If you ever have trouble finding pics on Google, you can always go to eBay Motors. Particularly cars on auction that are sold by a dealer, they usually have a LOT of pics showing practically everything. You can even check completed auctions to check past ones that are not seen. Some auctions I've seen had pics of the car under restoration--------for me it's been a VERY good source! ^_^

I never really thought of using other sales sites like Ebay. Thanks. I did check car sales (aussie site) but that's it. Good idea.

One fly in the ointment in saving pics off of eBay is that on any one particular auction, the pics use the same file name. I just add a number such as 1, 2, 3, etc..........or add letters such as A, B, C, and so on at the end of the file name. That way I'm not getting that annoying window popping up each time about the pic sharing the same file name in that folder. :rolleyes: