Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stupid Is the New Smart

Ace-Garageguy

8 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

We all know Kojak's not a real cop, right? And, we also know that Jim Rockford's not a real P.I. When we watched these shows, it never occurred to any of us to contact them to help us because we knew they were just characters in TV shows. Stupid has finally been legitimized...

Anybody remember "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to an article from Psychology Today, published in 2011.

It cites results of several studies and polls that are alarming in their implications about the literacy and awareness of the American populace...like the sad fact that more than 40% of Americans DID NOT READ A SINGLE BOOK OVER THE COURSE OF A YEAR...and unbelievably, 18% of Americans believe the sun revolves around the Earth.

WE NEED TO DO BETTER THAN THIS.   https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201103/are-americans-getting-dumber

On 1/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Here's a link to an article from Psychology Today, published in 2011.It cites results of several studies and polls that are alarming in their implications about the literacy and awareness of the American populace...like the sad fact that more than 40% of Americans DID NOT READ A SINGLE BOOK OVE

R THE COURSE OF A YEAR...and unbelievably, 18% of Americans believe the sun revolves around the Earth.

That explains the ever growing Flat Earth Society.  :wacko:

I've read a book recently...... of course it was on the Annunaki and Nibiru, and how and why they put us here..... :P

I have a friend that has a 22" push mower with a 6 hp engine on it. About TWICE the engine it should have..... he said that his Engineer uncle built it. He says " I don't even pick up sticks and pine cones, I just mow over them"........

:wacko:

6 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I'm still not sure if these flat earthers are just trolling, or if they legitimately believe it. I really hope it's the former.

I'm afraid that they are serious.  We also have non-believers that humans landed on the moon, or even traveled beyond the Van Allen belt.

9 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Social media is the engine driving people to even lower levels of stupid behavior:

Teens are eating laundry detergent for the "Tide Pod Challenge"

They're probably chewing on ghost peppers with them to cover the soapy taste.

I was in Walgreens last night and they had the laundry detergent pod packages locked up in alarmed clear plastic boxes.   The cashier had to use a special key to open them.  Locked up to keep people from eating them? 

That, and to prevent shoplifting. Those laundry pods have been the favorite target of the five finger discount crowd. The manager at the supermarket down the block from me snagged a dude trying to walk out with 19 bags of Tide Pods. He told the manager that he would have taken more but didn't want anybody in the store to notice. I bet his head whistles whenever he steps out into a stiff breeze.

Edited by SfanGoch

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Social media is the engine driving people to even lower levels of stupid behavior:

Teens are eating laundry detergent for the "Tide Pod Challenge"

They're probably chewing on ghost peppers with them to cover the soapy taste.

Nature knows: One way or another, the herd must be thinned. 

28 minutes ago, Modeltruckbuilder said:

I'm surprised no one has commented on this. I watched it 3 times trying to figure out how she was able to come up with Jupiter....

It's quite simple. She's an ignorant idiot who thinks she can actually think. 

And, in just a few short years, she'll be able to vote! :blink:

41 minutes ago, D. Battista said:

Wow... is all I can say... Wonder if this is a product of public education... or home schooling ?

My money's on public education. If home schooled, then her parents were products of public education--and a particularly bad system at that. 

15 minutes ago, espo said:

This may sound harsh, but this may be grounds for cleansing of the gene pool. If at this time in her education process she hasn't learned anything about currency exchanges I just don't hold much hope for her future.  

To say nothing of geology, geography, or astronomy! :blink:

Oh well. It's still possible that she could have a bright and lucrative future in the "Adult Entertainment" industry. :wacko:

But she'll still be allowed to vote, unless she commits a felony. And, increasingly, even then:angry: