Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Charger R/T

bigblkmopar

Hey guys... well here's one of my wip's.... it's a Resin (modelhaus) 1970 Charger R/T. The kit itself is pretty good. There are two small indentations in the body, just behind the rear marker lights on the quarter panels. Other than that... really clean mould. So, this one is getting a stock 440 engine with auto tranny. It will be painted white (maybe a vinyl roof) with red interior and 440 Call-Outs on the hood (Decals from Keith Marks). The donor car for the chassis and drivetrain will be an old Charger 500 kit......

MoparModels004.jpg

MoparModels001.jpg

MoparModels005.jpg

Bryan (bigblkmopar)

Nice in-progress photos there Bryan!

IIRC, the old MPC/AMT Charger 500 (and Dukes of Hazzard) had a Hemi rather than a 440 - and a not-so-well-executed Hemi at that. You might be better off adapting the chassis and drivetrain from the Revell '68 or '69 Charger kits.

Good luck with the build!

Nice start on what you're building Bryan!

I second what Larry said about the Revell Charger..........probably one of the best 440's out there for kit bashing, and the chassis is second to none for updating old B body Mopars from Johan Superbirds to your project there.

Hey Bill! How be ya pal?

A few years ago I was able to grab about four or five Revell '69 Chargers for $4.97 each at a local Kay-Bee during one of their infrequent "let's dump the old stock" sales. Your suggestion of the JoHan Superbird is an excellent use for one of those chassis. I was planning to use one of my AMT '68 Road Runner undercarriages and Hemi for that, but now you got me thinking....! :(