[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

We're still trying to solve a disk space problem. Unfortunately, it's being stubborn about getting rectified. There will be a long maintenance window this weekend, which I will announce here. Thank you all for being patient. 
PowerPlant

Esci/Revell Mercedes 500 SLC headlight

I recently acquired a partially built kit of this car with hopes to restore/finish it, but unfortunately I discovered it's missing the left (driver's side) clear headlight piece. I realize it may be a long shot but if anyone has a parted out kit or gluebomb with useable clear parts which they can spare, I would much appreciate it! I have plenty to trade or will pay for the part/shipping. Many thanks in advance!

Matija

The Revell and Esci units are different.  Neither will fit the other without work.  It looks like it CAN be done, but I thought I should let you know.

Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't aware there were two different kits... That said, the headlight I do have doesn't quite fit right... Anyway, this is the kit I need the left headlight for:

s-l1000.jpg.10169917375d9d783e640b1fff673fb8.jpg

Edited by PowerPlant

Giving this a bump if nobody minds... Willing to pay for shipping and handling :) Thanks!

Or, if someone has both, I'll also settle for American style headlights from the rally cars. Thanks!

Unless I am mistaken, the following Monogram 450 SL kits have the same headlights as the Esci kit... So, I could also use a headlight from either of these:

Mercedes_450_Rally_Monogram_2109_24th.jpg.cdaf7ce484c1e4083c0b8caa69625765.jpg

14460476_1.jpg.e539408bbdf5fa0c3dae57c966b09e0d.jpg

Edited by PowerPlant

4 hours ago, PowerPlant said:

Unless I am mistaken, the following Monogram 450 SL kits have the same headlights as the Esci kit... So, I could also use a headlight from either of these:

Mercedes_450_Rally_Monogram_2109_24th.jpg.cdaf7ce484c1e4083c0b8caa69625765.jpg

14460476_1.jpg.e539408bbdf5fa0c3dae57c966b09e0d.jpg

They are the same STYLE, yes, but they are not the same parts.  These Revell kits are not from the same molds as the ESCI kits.  There will be work required to make them fit.

I see now, it's the Monogram box you were talking about... thanks again for the info, but the pieces look similar enough so if anyone has one I'm sure I could use it. The one headlight I do have doesn't quite seem to fit properly anyway so I'll have to adjust it all the same ;)