[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      General Usage   05/10/2017

      If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
El Roberto

Cars I'd like to see kitted. Yes I believe in the tooth fairy....

Recommended Posts

I'd love to see modern kits of two of the most beautiful cars ever made (in my opinion, which is the only one which counts).

The Continental MK2 and the hardtop Cord.  I guess no one would be interested in my first car, a 64 Dodge Dart slow motion special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Robert.  Check the what would you like to see in a model topic in this same section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LDO said:

I like your choices...except for the Dart.

The Dart wasn't really my fault, I inherited it so it was that or nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon anyone saying nay on how cool a kit of a '64 Dodge Dart would be, is doing so only because they haven't seen one in person for many years, or EVER. I'd have to buy two kits of it just on principal..

64dart.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Roberto said:

I'd love to see modern kits of two of the most beautiful cars ever made (in my opinion, which is the only one which counts).

The Continental MK2 and the hardtop Cord.  I guess no one would be interested in my first car, a 64 Dodge Dart slow motion special. 

Actually , AMT did the Lincoln Mk II as a friction in 1956 and then as a combination kit , they did one in 1-32nd scale with Revell . The Cord Beverly might be a harder sell , but I would buy one as it would make for a nice vehicle in one of my dioramas ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, chryslerjunkandstuff said:

I reckon anyone saying nay on how cool a kit of a '64 Dodge Dart would be, is doing so only because they haven't seen one in person for many years, or EVER. I'd have to buy two kits of it just on principal..

Love them Darts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chryslerjunkandstuff said:

I reckon anyone saying nay on how cool a kit of a '64 Dodge Dart would be, is doing so only because they haven't seen one in person for many years, or EVER. I'd have to buy two kits of it just on principal..

64dart.jpg

I have to say, that looks pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing a kit of any Dodge Dart (or Valiant) up to 1966 would be great news. Even though I'm a Chevy guy, I'd need a couple of those... Anyway they are a fairly common sight here in Finland at different car events. When I visited in SoCal I was surprised by how few Valiants or Darts were there, here on a regular Cruise Night you'll see at least 5 to 10 Darts and Valiants each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I can get more obscure than those.......I love this car......

 

LTD11.jpg

Yes! That and/or the Thunderbird, same era. Just take my money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Yes! That and/or the Thunderbird, same era. Just take my money!

Yes!! X3!! ❤️❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long as we're dreaming big (in more ways than one)...I'd love to have a '49-'51 "bathtub" Nash.  With working reclining front seats, for the possible "traveling salesman" option. Other building options might include Police, since these things seem to show up as police cars in just about every movie made in the early 1950s.  I guess we could do our own Demolition Derby option; Nashes were built like tanks and very popular for demo derbies.

 

nash_pol.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learned to drive in a '63 Dart, owned by the first guy in our class to get his license.  I would be in for 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, chryslerjunkandstuff said:

I reckon anyone saying nay on how cool a kit of a '64 Dodge Dart would be, is doing so only because they haven't seen one in person for many years, or EVER. I'd have to buy two kits of it just on principal..

64dart.jpg

I can guarantee my Dart was NO WHERE as nice looking as this one is.  Mine was a completely stock, base model with mud colored paint.  The girls really were impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 12:38 PM, El Roberto said:

I can guarantee my Dart was NO WHERE as nice looking as this one is.  Mine was a completely stock, base model with mud colored paint.  The girls really were impressed.

Was there an early 60s Dart or Valiant ever made that wasn't beige/white/powder blue?  If there was I will guarantee that those three composed 85% of sales.  My grandfather had a '61 Valiant-push button automatic-in beige.  When he upgraded to a '64 Valiant he got it in...beige.

Edited by The Junkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

Was there an early 60s Dart or Valiant ever made that wasn't beige/white/powder blue?  If there was I will guarantee that those three composed 85% of sales.  My grandfather had a '61 Valiant-push button automatic-in beige.  When he upgraded to a '64 Valiant he got it in...beige.

Yup, you got it..... it was a lovely shade of beige. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 2 black '65 Valiants and a red '64. I also had a '63 in blue, but as I recall it was a darker than powder blue metallic. A neighbor had a 1st gen Valiant that he had repainted yellow. I think it was green originally...

And yes a '64,'65 Dart would find a home on my model shelf!

Edited by #1 model citizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2017 at 11:10 PM, Dave Van said:

I can get more obscure than those.......I love this car......

 

LTD11.jpg

There is one of these a few miles from my farm. It is sunk up to the center caps by a garage, but it sure is cool looking in black paint with orange stripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Was there an early 60s Dart or Valiant ever made that wasn't beige/white/powder blue?  If there was I will guarantee that those three composed 85% of sales.  My grandfather had a '61 Valiant-push button automatic-in beige.  When he upgraded to a '64 Valiant he got it in...beige.

I laughed, this is as funny as it is accurate! Between myself and my other family members, I'd wager that over half of the Mopars we've owned were those three colors. Also "root beer" brown and gold seemed to be pretty abundant..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Was there an early 60s Dart or Valiant ever made that wasn't beige/white/powder blue?  If there was I will guarantee that those three composed 85% of sales.  My grandfather had a '61 Valiant-push button automatic-in beige.  When he upgraded to a '64 Valiant he got it in...beige.

Ha! Funny you say that as my Dad once owned a 1960 Valiant (sold his very nice '57 Plymouth for it) and it was..............................you guessed it-------white!

In the mid '60's just starting school, I can remember being taken home in a '63 or '64 Dodge Dart four door (didn't know what it was at the time), by a teacher when my Mom couldn't come pick me up. I distinctly remember that car being a powder blue. :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for something more current, I'd like to see some of the common street cars released. A Hyundai, Kia, Subaru Outback or Impreza and a Civic either new or re-releases. They could be snap type or easy to build glue kits in stock and with SCCA/club racing options,  but it would be cool to also see them done in the exuberant over the top 70s-80s style MPC style, you know "Build it stock, race or custom!" with IMSA-style flares and wide wheels and crazy spoilers and everything.

How about a few of the crossovers? A CRV, Ford Escape or a RAV4. Again they could be curbside if necessary to cut tooling expenses, but offer them with optional bigger wheels and tires, off road flares and bumpers. Maybe a roof rack with cargo and offroad lights.

We finally got a first gen Bronco that I love and a recent re-release of the first gen Blazer and the Dodge Ramcharger. Now how about a re-release of the Monogram Second gen Bronco and Land Rover and maybe the Italeri Range Rover and Land Rovers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 5:23 AM, W-409 said:

Seeing a kit of any Dodge Dart (or Valiant) up to 1966 would be great news. Even though I'm a Chevy guy, I'd need a couple of those... Anyway they are a fairly common sight here in Finland at different car events. When I visited in SoCal I was surprised by how few Valiants or Darts were there, here on a regular Cruise Night you'll see at least 5 to 10 Darts and Valiants each time.

Apparently AMT did (at least ) the 1961 Valiant as part of their 3'n1 Customizing Compacts series (taken from the thread "what did you get today"

image.png.f207e6b32974facdec34bf582e5665f1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now