Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cars I'd like to see kitted. Yes I believe in the tooth fairy....

3 hours ago, El Roberto said:

I'd love to see modern kits of two of the most beautiful cars ever made (in my opinion, which is the only one which counts).

The Continental MK2 and the hardtop Cord.  I guess no one would be interested in my first car, a 64 Dodge Dart slow motion special. 

Actually , AMT did the Lincoln Mk II as a friction in 1956 and then as a combination kit , they did one in 1-32nd scale with Revell . The Cord Beverly might be a harder sell , but I would buy one as it would make for a nice vehicle in one of my dioramas ....

Seeing a kit of any Dodge Dart (or Valiant) up to 1966 would be great news. Even though I'm a Chevy guy, I'd need a couple of those... Anyway they are a fairly common sight here in Finland at different car events. When I visited in SoCal I was surprised by how few Valiants or Darts were there, here on a regular Cruise Night you'll see at least 5 to 10 Darts and Valiants each time.

Long as we're dreaming big (in more ways than one)...I'd love to have a '49-'51 "bathtub" Nash.  With working reclining front seats, for the possible "traveling salesman" option. Other building options might include Police, since these things seem to show up as police cars in just about every movie made in the early 1950s.  I guess we could do our own Demolition Derby option; Nashes were built like tanks and very popular for demo derbies.

nash_pol.jpg

17 hours ago, chryslerjunkandstuff said:

I reckon anyone saying nay on how cool a kit of a '64 Dodge Dart would be, is doing so only because they haven't seen one in person for many years, or EVER. I'd have to buy two kits of it just on principal..

64dart.jpg

I can guarantee my Dart was NO WHERE as nice looking as this one is.  Mine was a completely stock, base model with mud colored paint.  The girls really were impressed.

On 12/15/2017 at 12:38 PM, El Roberto said:

I can guarantee my Dart was NO WHERE as nice looking as this one is.  Mine was a completely stock, base model with mud colored paint.  The girls really were impressed.

Was there an early 60s Dart or Valiant ever made that wasn't beige/white/powder blue?  If there was I will guarantee that those three composed 85% of sales.  My grandfather had a '61 Valiant-push button automatic-in beige.  When he upgraded to a '64 Valiant he got it in...beige.

Edited by The Junkman

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

Was there an early 60s Dart or Valiant ever made that wasn't beige/white/powder blue?  If there was I will guarantee that those three composed 85% of sales.  My grandfather had a '61 Valiant-push button automatic-in beige.  When he upgraded to a '64 Valiant he got it in...beige.

Yup, you got it..... it was a lovely shade of beige. 

I had 2 black '65 Valiants and a red '64. I also had a '63 in blue, but as I recall it was a darker than powder blue metallic. A neighbor had a 1st gen Valiant that he had repainted yellow. I think it was green originally...

And yes a '64,'65 Dart would find a home on my model shelf!

Edited by #1 model citizen

21 hours ago, The Junkman said:

I laughed, this is as funny as it is accurate! Between myself and my other family members, I'd wager that over half of the Mopars we've owned were those three colors. Also "root beer" brown and gold seemed to be pretty abundant..

22 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Ha! Funny you say that as my Dad once owned a 1960 Valiant (sold his very nice '57 Plymouth for it) and it was..............................you guessed it-------white!

In the mid '60's just starting school, I can remember being taken home in a '63 or '64 Dodge Dart four door (didn't know what it was at the time), by a teacher when my Mom couldn't come pick me up. I distinctly remember that car being a powder blue. :lol:

Just for something more current, I'd like to see some of the common street cars released. A Hyundai, Kia, Subaru Outback or Impreza and a Civic either new or re-releases. They could be snap type or easy to build glue kits in stock and with SCCA/club racing options,  but it would be cool to also see them done in the exuberant over the top 70s-80s style MPC style, you know "Build it stock, race or custom!" with IMSA-style flares and wide wheels and crazy spoilers and everything.

How about a few of the crossovers? A CRV, Ford Escape or a RAV4. Again they could be curbside if necessary to cut tooling expenses, but offer them with optional bigger wheels and tires, off road flares and bumpers. Maybe a roof rack with cargo and offroad lights.

We finally got a first gen Bronco that I love and a recent re-release of the first gen Blazer and the Dodge Ramcharger. Now how about a re-release of the Monogram Second gen Bronco and Land Rover and maybe the Italeri Range Rover and Land Rovers?

On 12/15/2017 at 5:23 AM, W-409 said:

Seeing a kit of any Dodge Dart (or Valiant) up to 1966 would be great news. Even though I'm a Chevy guy, I'd need a couple of those... Anyway they are a fairly common sight here in Finland at different car events. When I visited in SoCal I was surprised by how few Valiants or Darts were there, here on a regular Cruise Night you'll see at least 5 to 10 Darts and Valiants each time.

Apparently AMT did (at least ) the 1961 Valiant as part of their 3'n1 Customizing Compacts series (taken from the thread "what did you get today"

image.png.f207e6b32974facdec34bf582e5665f1.png