Model Cars Magazine Forum

parts id please..

Well, the top two look like the Heller type 50 Bugatti coupe kit. My first thought on the  middle was a Tamiya Jaguar saloon, but Tamiya always has there logo on the sprue along with a sprue ID letter or number so I still think the Jag is right but a different company.   The bottom one I am clueless on. 

5 minutes ago, Pete J. said:

Well, the top two look like the Heller type 50 Bugatti coupe kit. My first thought on the  middle was a Tamiya Jaguar saloon, but Tamiya always has there logo on the sprue along with a sprue ID letter or number so I still think the Jag is right but a different company.   The bottom one I am clueless on. 

just checked the Jag sprue is marked Tamiya, didn't catch that the first time around..

The tree with the chrome interior panels is probably from a Heller kit.  They'd mold kits in color and black.  Often the body panels were all in one color except for one or two things which would be black, or on the plated tree.  One Mercedes kit had two exterior body panels on the chrome tree.  If you wanted to just rattle-can the body in one color that matches the plastic color, it's aggravating...

On the second picture is the Heller 1936 Mercedes 500K 

I had that kit. The door panels were chrome plated as well. Also had the same kit, badged as Heller Kiko, with zero chrome at all, only silver plastic and vinyl tires.

The main body is divided right in the middle, the seam goes from the rear bumper to the firewall, and the fit is not exactly Tamiya like.

Both I got as gifts, and promptly traded the first one into a AMT '40 Ford Tudor, and the second one into a AMT '41 Ford wagon.  

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie