Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Road Runner finished

moparfarmer

Here is a photo of my 62 Chev Bel-Air 2 dr ht..It was the last model I painted and finished 18 years ago before I had my slump..Painted 63 Chevrolet Autumn Gold(airbrush,clear out of rattle can)  Wetsanded and polished with Meguiar's Cleaner then finished off with Meguiar's Gold Class paste..I figure this is one of my best..It was a fun kit and one of AMT's better issues(blue on box)  Let me know the faults..Thank you...

Here is my 70 Road Runner I just finished up tonight..Fought me all the way on final assembly. Nothing fit after interior installed but its okay for a shelf model..Not going to win any contests with this but its built box stock so I don't intend on entering it in any contests..Second one finished in 18 years and getting better but lots of improvements..Got to get a thicker wire for the rad hose, lost during construction..Lacquer Duplicolor Perfect Match with clear polished with Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 and finished with Meguiar's Gold Class Paste..Fun build till final assembly but glad and pleased its done..

1970 Road Runner finished Dec 15 #7.jpg

1970 Road Runner finished Dec 15,2017#4.jpg

1970 Road Runner finished Dec 15,2017 #3.jpg

15 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very nice work indeed. Great color and finish. Surprised to read you had so much trouble with it. I built the GTX many years ago and remember it as one of the smoothest, most trouble-free builds I've ever done, along with the Superbird. 

I did the GTX and Bird also..Might have something to do with the separate sided interior..The tub one fit well and chassis well but not this one..Also found that the wheel backs didn't fit into the tires flush like the others..Too late now, its all buttoned up and going on the shelf..Nice shelf car looking through the glass..LOL