Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1960 Ford Starliner. ...last build for 2017

Mr Stock

For some reason I've had this one on and off the bench for most of this year. ..no explanations as it's a really nice kit. Decided to button it up 2 weeks ago, foiled the body and mistakingly threw away the front bumper and mirrors in the trash !. Not my best modelling moment for sure lol.

Always wanted to do a full size early 60s Ford in black/red, came out really nice, spray can black on the body, cheap craft acrylics for the interior. Thanks to a couple of friends helping me out with parts I was able to finish it. 

20171201_174309.jpg

20171201_174242.jpg

20171201_174226.jpg

Oh boy, that's a great looking Starliner. Black suits the car, and the red interior makes it a Red Widow (as the color combo is known here), what is extra sinister.

One of my favorites, and the widest passenger automobile built by Ford. They had to reduce the body for 1961. If you ever drive one you will understand. Some garage doors can become tight in a hurry. 

No!! I didn't scratch it, but it was close. And it was not my car, I had just rebuilt the Autolite 4100 four barrel, and eliminated a Pertronix kit, installing the stock points and condenser back... Imagine telling the owner I would have to call Obsolete or Dennis Carpenter for a replacement trim...

3 hours ago, Maindrian Pace said:

Super nice build. The only thing missing is detailing the front parking lights at the leading edge of the front fenders. Fortunately, an easy adjustment on a built kit.

Thanks Mike,  I'll correct that 

3 hours ago, Lovefordgalaxie said:

Oh boy, that's a great looking Starliner. Black suits the car, and the red interior makes it a Red Widow (as the color combo is known here), what is extra sinister.

One of my favorites, and the widest passenger automobile built by Ford. They had to reduce the body for 1961. If you ever drive one you will understand. Some garage doors can become tight in a hurry. 

No!! I didn't scratch it, but it was close. And it was not my car, I had just rebuilt the Autolite 4100 four barrel, and eliminated a Pertronix kit, installing the stock points and condenser back... Imagine telling the owner I would have to call Obsolete or Dennis Carpenter for a replacement trim...

Well you know that I got my inspiration from a certain CCCP Digital Studio! 

Even in 1/25 this is a big car, it literally dwarfs most other models.

• 1 year later...