Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Charger Daytona - what happened?

Kmb0319

Revell had marked the re-release of the Pro Modeler Daytona on their 4th Quarter releases, with a mid December projection.  I wasn’t seeing anything about it, and Model Roundup didn’t list it in their “coming soon” category, so I went to Tower Hobby.  I found it... with a late April release date now.  As this is not a terribly old tooling, what’s the big delay?  Could it be they are updating the NASCAR parts?  Don’t know if anyone has heard anything, but I’m curious as to is holding it up for 4 months.

Some of the November & December Revell new releases have been pushed out to 2018 I've read/heard.  So far, I think only 1 item from the 4th quarter flyer is actually out (the Chase Elliott Chevy SS NASCAR race car). There are a few still listed as late Dec, but I suspect those will be January releases. 

Edited by Rob Hall

7 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

From talking to a couple of local hobby shop guys, Hobbico told them to resubmit their orders for the November kits (Honcho & Cutlass), and for some unspecified reasons they hadn't shipped from China yet.

Who knows...maybe the answer could be as simple, like a shipping container not being full, due to one or several items, not being available for shipping.

Edited by Luc Janssens