Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359 - Revell Snap - Better Pics Added

I finished this up a couple months ago, but just got around to getting some pictures. I've had this thing kicking around probably the better part of 10 years. I could never find a color I liked enough to finish it. Thankfully I never sprayed more than the chassis. It was originally maroon, then blue, and then I finally got the color right. Speaking of which, colors are Plastikote gunmetal grey and Duplicolor silver. this is hands down some of my best paint work, as I've finally discovered the virtues of Tamiya masking tape. Pinstripes are Line-O-Tape. I did change up a couple things to improve the toylike appearance of some things. I used the Revell of Germany square headlights, aluminum exhaust pipes, scratchbuilt mudflaps on the quarter fenders and the rear, built a visor, made some hubcaps, cab light lenses from the spares box, and filler panels from an AMT 359 that still need installed. I also smoothed and foiled the mold seams on the grille, and added the panel lines to the sides of the shell. Thanks for looking!

EDIT:  I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the previous iPhone photos, so I broke out the camera. 

GEDC0107.JPG

Silver_11.jpg

Silver_6.jpg

Silver_8.jpg

Silver_9.jpg

Silver_10.jpg

Silver_5.jpg

Edited by Casey429