[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      General Usage   05/10/2017

      If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
oldcarfan

Looking For Stock Willys, Anyone?

Recommended Posts

I like to build the same car in different versions, i.e. a drag version and a stock version. I would love to find conversion kits to make stock versions of the 33 Willys, the 40 Willys and especially the 41 Willys pickup. I haven't come across one, but thought somebody might have a clue on one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only stock willys I know of is a army work horse kit think it is italri or mpc reissue but you might be able to cross some 32 and 33 ford parts to the 33 willys as for the 40 best bet 40/41 ford parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as for the 41 willys pickup amt had a kit out to build one as did revel the truck was a choice of using the coupe or p/u but only had the flip nose the revel was a tad closer to stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen a resin ('38 ?) coupe that is stock. I don't remember who made it but having two of those would allow to build another year representation in both styles. This was to year with the frog eye like headlights and very pointy style hood. Does anyone know made that one ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the '37 Willys Sedan body in resin with an interior tub, dash, and chassis that I believe came from Star Models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did`nt Ed Fluck do a couple in resin if so he mite still have some I got his 33 Willys stock roof one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Pol said:

Did`nt Ed Fluck do a couple in resin if so he mite still have some I got his 33 Willys stock roof one

I have that one from Ed also, and here it is....................................

image.png.3289a494604232b01ccd1ba1e50ecc5e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, High octane said:

I have that one from Ed also, and here it is....................................

image.png.3289a494604232b01ccd1ba1e50ecc5e.png

That is the one I have I also have his 40 willys pick up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, High octane said:

I have the '37 Willys Sedan body in resin with an interior tub, dash, and chassis that I believe came from Star Models.

Yep:

B036A90C-0484-4483-B276-72A536AA5475.jpg

 

I don't recall any stock conversions for the '41 Coupe not Pickup, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will try to short version this . I know I am long winded . Let's start with 1940 , Pick up and Coupe . Sourced from AMT Drag Racers . Rear Wheel cutouts too large for Stock . Suspension is half Elliptical Leaf , not 1/4 Elliptical as in the Kit . The Jeep Kit "Go Devil" Engine is perfect for all these Willis . The Transfer case for 4 wd is not for car or Pick Up . Interior and grille are to be scratch build sourced . Door Panels and Seat , I am stuck on . Bumpers ?? too ..  The small amount of Body trim is scratched . The Flip Front is a challenge but doable to convert . The Kit Front Axle is presentable enough . The Differential is way to extreme . A Jeep kit sourced Diff (rear , not offset for the front Diff) is correct . I am making resin Copies for Engines , Diffs , Trans for myself .  Slush Casting I am able to do . Dashes are correct as far as my research has shown .. The '38 Resin is a R&R .. I am not familiar with much on these . The same work for the previous Willis to reproduce a Stock version would be needed . The Revelle '41 Coupe all the same . A Grille divider to create the '42 MY will change the same kit . The kit has a rear bumper only . I bought 2 , one for just the Bumper . Way back in the day when I could generate the funds to do so . An exception would be the optional "Go Devil" Engine . It has "Compound Carbs" you were lead to believe  only Buicks had . Both available only 40 & '41 MY's that were so optioned .  'Ole Timers have told me , the light Willis outran many Competitors .  Willis Power to Weight Ratio was excellent . the "Go Devil" twin carbed Willis Bested most of the General's products . Gave Flathead Fords and Mercurys a run for their money . The other Revelle Drag Pickup is a Rare Vehicle . Civilian Car production was halted in Feb of 1942 . Truncating the '42 MY Production . All the Tooling was ordered mothballed . Willis was sanctioned to continue with Pick Up Trucks for Exclusive Military Destination and use .  The '41 & '42 Willis P:ick Up Trucks were mostly the same as the rest of New car offerings . The Revelle Pick up is the '43 MY Pick up . Every one of these was assigned to the US Navy . Navy Gray and no bumpers . The kit's skinny little bar with the parking lights is an actual Stock part . Sans Chrome on the 1:1 . Concerning  '33/'34 MY's  , I have a Stock Height Resin  from the past . Ed Fluck did cast this Body at one time . It would use the same components as the '40' Willis to convert these . My Version came with the Stock Starfish Wheels . Every one I described here are my WIPs . While each are stalled LTPs .  I am admittedly retentive . Willis documentation and Photos are Hen's Teeth . Finding Factory correct Paint Charts was so easy to find . Pictures of Seat , dood patterns , bumpers and a few other details , not so much . Any help would be appreciated please ? Thanx .. 

Edited by dimaxion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I happen to have a few of the stock roof '33 Willys coupe bodies left in stock. The molds are down at this point. I am working on remastering the body one last time; but am not sure at what point I will have the new one on-line. If anyone wants to snag one of these before they're gone feel free to drop me a line. The body comes with the corrected front end; and I also offer the stock rear fenders/running boards for it.......Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2017 at 7:34 PM, oldcarfan said:

I like to build the same car in different versions, i.e. a drag version and a stock version. I would love to find conversion kits to make stock versions of the 33 Willys, the 40 Willys and especially the 41 Willys pickup. I haven't come across one, but thought somebody might have a clue on one. 

I've done BOTH the 1941 Americoupe and the 1941 Truck as stockers . Do you need just the information on what I did or what ?

Airial Amoco projek.jpg

Amoco projek 1.jpg

Amoco Projek close an personal on the island.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017 at 6:50 PM, krassandbernie said:

I happen to have a few of the stock roof '33 Willys coupe bodies left in stock. The molds are down at this point. I am working on remastering the body one last time; but am not sure at what point I will have the new one on-line. If anyone wants to snag one of these before they're gone feel free to drop me a line. The body comes with the corrected front end; and I also offer the stock rear fenders/running boards for it.......Ed

Thank you Ed .. Thanx..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Eshaver said:

I've done BOTH the 1941 Americoupe and the 1941 Truck as stockers . Do you need just the information on what I did or what ?

Airial Amoco projek.jpg

Amoco projek 1.jpg

Amoco Projek close an personal on the island.jpg

PM sent Ellen . I 've always admired tiis dio .. excellent .. Thanx ..  

Edited by dimaxion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John , you have no idea how popular this diorama has become . It was actually used to restore an actual Amoco station in Roanoke Virginia which is now owned by Bergland Chevrolet . I've also been asked to return it this next Christmas season to the Lewis Ginter Miniatures invitational which is a part of the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond Virginia . The show will open the day AFTER Thanksgiving , 2018 . Anyone interested can now mark their calender's as this truly is a fun for the entire family showing !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Eshaver said:

I've done BOTH the 1941 Americoupe and the 1941 Truck as stockers . Do you need just the information on what I did or what ?

 

Amoco projek 1.jpg

 

Have you thought of doing a how-to on converting these back to stock? I would love to see it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary , I don't understand the GOING BACK TO STOCK . Um , they are already stock .....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick, that is a beautiful unrestored Willys. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 8:35 PM, Eshaver said:

John , you have no idea how popular this diorama has become . It was actually used to restore an actual Amoco station in Roanoke Virginia which is now owned by Bergland Chevrolet . I've also been asked to return it this next Christmas season to the Lewis Ginter Miniatures invitational which is a part of the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond Virginia . The show will open the day AFTER Thanksgiving , 2018 . Anyone interested can now mark their calender's as this truly is a fun for the entire family showing !

I do think it is a work of art . Quite believable as Real or Model .. You do nice work .. Thanx .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 7:40 PM, Eshaver said:

Gary , I don't understand the GOING BACK TO STOCK . Um , they are already stock .....

 

Sorry, I meant converting the kits to stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now