Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking For Stock Willys, Anyone?

I like to build the same car in different versions, i.e. a drag version and a stock version. I would love to find conversion kits to make stock versions of the 33 Willys, the 40 Willys and especially the 41 Willys pickup. I haven't come across one, but thought somebody might have a clue on one. 

I have seen a resin ('38 ?) coupe that is stock. I don't remember who made it but having two of those would allow to build another year representation in both styles. This was to year with the frog eye like headlights and very pointy style hood. Does anyone know made that one ??

12 hours ago, High octane said:

I have the '37 Willys Sedan body in resin with an interior tub, dash, and chassis that I believe came from Star Models.

Yep:

B036A90C-0484-4483-B276-72A536AA5475.jpg

I don't recall any stock conversions for the '41 Coupe not Pickup, though.

I will try to short version this . I know I am long winded . Let's start with 1940 , Pick up and Coupe . Sourced from AMT Drag Racers . Rear Wheel cutouts too large for Stock . Suspension is half Elliptical Leaf , not 1/4 Elliptical as in the Kit . The Jeep Kit "Go Devil" Engine is perfect for all these Willis . The Transfer case for 4 wd is not for car or Pick Up . Interior and grille are to be scratch build sourced . Door Panels and Seat , I am stuck on . Bumpers ?? too ..  The small amount of Body trim is scratched . The Flip Front is a challenge but doable to convert . The Kit Front Axle is presentable enough . The Differential is way to extreme . A Jeep kit sourced Diff (rear , not offset for the front Diff) is correct . I am making resin Copies for Engines , Diffs , Trans for myself .  Slush Casting I am able to do . Dashes are correct as far as my research has shown .. The '38 Resin is a R&R .. I am not familiar with much on these . The same work for the previous Willis to reproduce a Stock version would be needed . The Revelle '41 Coupe all the same . A Grille divider to create the '42 MY will change the same kit . The kit has a rear bumper only . I bought 2 , one for just the Bumper . Way back in the day when I could generate the funds to do so . An exception would be the optional "Go Devil" Engine . It has "Compound Carbs" you were lead to believe  only Buicks had . Both available only 40 & '41 MY's that were so optioned .  'Ole Timers have told me , the light Willis outran many Competitors .  Willis Power to Weight Ratio was excellent . the "Go Devil" twin carbed Willis Bested most of the General's products . Gave Flathead Fords and Mercurys a run for their money . The other Revelle Drag Pickup is a Rare Vehicle . Civilian Car production was halted in Feb of 1942 . Truncating the '42 MY Production . All the Tooling was ordered mothballed . Willis was sanctioned to continue with Pick Up Trucks for Exclusive Military Destination and use .  The '41 & '42 Willis P:ick Up Trucks were mostly the same as the rest of New car offerings . The Revelle Pick up is the '43 MY Pick up . Every one of these was assigned to the US Navy . Navy Gray and no bumpers . The kit's skinny little bar with the parking lights is an actual Stock part . Sans Chrome on the 1:1 . Concerning  '33/'34 MY's  , I have a Stock Height Resin  from the past . Ed Fluck did cast this Body at one time . It would use the same components as the '40' Willis to convert these . My Version came with the Stock Starfish Wheels . Every one I described here are my WIPs . While each are stalled LTPs .  I am admittedly retentive . Willis documentation and Photos are Hen's Teeth . Finding Factory correct Paint Charts was so easy to find . Pictures of Seat , dood patterns , bumpers and a few other details , not so much . Any help would be appreciated please ? Thanx .. 

Edited by dimaxion

I happen to have a few of the stock roof '33 Willys coupe bodies left in stock. The molds are down at this point. I am working on remastering the body one last time; but am not sure at what point I will have the new one on-line. If anyone wants to snag one of these before they're gone feel free to drop me a line. The body comes with the corrected front end; and I also offer the stock rear fenders/running boards for it.......Ed

On 12/16/2017 at 7:34 PM, oldcarfan said:

I like to build the same car in different versions, i.e. a drag version and a stock version. I would love to find conversion kits to make stock versions of the 33 Willys, the 40 Willys and especially the 41 Willys pickup. I haven't come across one, but thought somebody might have a clue on one. 

I've done BOTH the 1941 Americoupe and the 1941 Truck as stockers . Do you need just the information on what I did or what ?

Airial Amoco projek.jpg

Amoco projek 1.jpg

Amoco Projek close an personal on the island.jpg

On 12/17/2017 at 6:50 PM, krassandbernie said:

I happen to have a few of the stock roof '33 Willys coupe bodies left in stock. The molds are down at this point. I am working on remastering the body one last time; but am not sure at what point I will have the new one on-line. If anyone wants to snag one of these before they're gone feel free to drop me a line. The body comes with the corrected front end; and I also offer the stock rear fenders/running boards for it.......Ed

Thank you Ed .. Thanx..

18 hours ago, Eshaver said:

I've done BOTH the 1941 Americoupe and the 1941 Truck as stockers . Do you need just the information on what I did or what ?

Airial Amoco projek.jpg

Amoco projek 1.jpg

Amoco Projek close an personal on the island.jpg

PM sent Ellen . I 've always admired tiis dio .. excellent .. Thanx ..  

Edited by dimaxion

John , you have no idea how popular this diorama has become . It was actually used to restore an actual Amoco station in Roanoke Virginia which is now owned by Bergland Chevrolet . I've also been asked to return it this next Christmas season to the Lewis Ginter Miniatures invitational which is a part of the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond Virginia . The show will open the day AFTER Thanksgiving , 2018 . Anyone interested can now mark their calender's as this truly is a fun for the entire family showing !

On 12/19/2017 at 8:35 PM, Eshaver said:

John , you have no idea how popular this diorama has become . It was actually used to restore an actual Amoco station in Roanoke Virginia which is now owned by Bergland Chevrolet . I've also been asked to return it this next Christmas season to the Lewis Ginter Miniatures invitational which is a part of the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond Virginia . The show will open the day AFTER Thanksgiving , 2018 . Anyone interested can now mark their calender's as this truly is a fun for the entire family showing !

I do think it is a work of art . Quite believable as Real or Model .. You do nice work .. Thanx ..