Model Cars Magazine Forum

'A' Mod: '29 Model A track style modified

Rocking Rodney Rat

Alright, alright, alright....this build has been languishing in a box for some time. I started it a year or so ago, got to final assembly and realized the hood and sides weren't going to fit as planned (poor engineering on my part), got frustrated and tossed it back in the box. My good friend from SoCal, ADL, suggested that I really should finish it (thanks for the kick in the keester, ADL). So, here it is, minus hood and sides... It's based on the Revell Model A roadster with the body modified into a 'T' bucket style. The SBC engine is from the Revell Rat Roaster with the 3x2 intake  from the Revell '30 Model A...the wheels are resin items I acquired from somewhere several years ago, I forget where now, probably picked them up on FleaBay???? They fit the Model A tires perfectly. Paint is Testors Titanium Metalizer. More pix here: http://public.fotki.com/jferren/a-modified-track-st/  -RRR

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat

Glad I could be of service! Can you send some of that motivation back this way? I sat at my bench for two hours today and did nothing.

Finally got a chance to get on the big 'puter and have a look. I think it looks awesome!!! If this was sitting on a table with no name tag I'd know you built it. Got your signature "look". I like the exhaust soot on the body and those "riveted" interior panels.

Man, I need another roadster... 

9 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Glad I could be of service! Can you send some of that motivation back this way? I sat at my bench for two hours today and did nothing.

Finally got a chance to get on the big 'puter and have a look. I think it looks awesome!!! If this was sitting on a table with no name tag I'd know you built it. Got your signature "look". I like the exhaust soot on the body and those "riveted" interior panels.

Man, I need another roadster... 

ADL, you hit on it! As soon as I saw the first glimpse I heard the same thing in my mind!!  RRR, you have a Signature Look!!!  Unmistakably RRR.  It begs Carb Linkage... -KK

Almost didn't click on this thread because I'm not a fan of track noses, which of course I assumed. Wow, am I glad I did! Fantastic job and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it, either real or model. VERY nicely done, and I especially like the low-viz "stealth" color scheme. Fabulous! B)