[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
blackbeard

bob glidden

51 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

http://autoweek.com/article/nhra-pro-stock/hall-fame-nhra-pro-stock-driver-bob-glidden-dies

RIP Mr Bob Glidden one of my Favorite Pro stock drivers , I like when he beats Warren Johnson !

Without a doubt,he was my favorite racers,up there with John Force.Bob Glidden is one of the reasons I started getting into drag racing in the late 70s,and early 80s.The man won everything.He will 😔be missed.RIP Mr Glidden

Does anyone know how he died.I checked on line yesterday,but couldn't find out how.All I know is that it's a sad for NHRA,and all his fans.

Sad day indeed. I met him many years ago. And really enjoyed it . Very humble man .

This may be the final push I need to build a few of his cars for my shelf  .

One of the first and best pro stock stars I ever saw in the Glidden and Allen Pinto. Him and Etta were a great combination.

6fc3bd5f41919c7e629df49a5f2b2d1d.gif

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Without a doubt,he was my favorite racers,up there with John Force.Bob Glidden is one of the reasons I started getting into drag racing in the late 70s,and early 80s.The man won everything.He will 😔be missed.RIP Mr Glidden

He Had heart problems !

I worked at Dodge Motorsports from 1966 to 2007. In 1978 and 1979 I was running a race dyno doing development for Don's Plymouth Arrow.................what a blast. Making power runs to 10,000 rpm with a destroked 340"...............I think it was 288" cubic inch engines. Worked with him again around 2005-2006 when he was doing some development for us also. Great guy!

5a3800406187e_BobGliddenArrow.jpg.4635f71158baf475eb615c8233a8aacb.jpg

My favorite drag racer of all time. A hero for the little guy. Will be missed for all time.

Sad news indeed. A gentleman racer and all round nice fellow. And at the top of the list of my favorite 70s/80s pro/stock pilots. Yet another hero gone. R.I.P. Bob.

R I P Bob Glidden

one of my favorite drivers, I had recently been watching some YOUTUBE videos about Bob.

Prayers for Etta, and sons Rusty and Billy.

:(