Model Cars Magazine Forum

bob glidden

blackbeard

51 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

http://autoweek.com/article/nhra-pro-stock/hall-fame-nhra-pro-stock-driver-bob-glidden-dies

RIP Mr Bob Glidden one of my Favorite Pro stock drivers , I like when he beats Warren Johnson !

Without a doubt,he was my favorite racers,up there with John Force.Bob Glidden is one of the reasons I started getting into drag racing in the late 70s,and early 80s.The man won everything.He will ?be missed.RIP Mr Glidden

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Without a doubt,he was my favorite racers,up there with John Force.Bob Glidden is one of the reasons I started getting into drag racing in the late 70s,and early 80s.The man won everything.He will ?be missed.RIP Mr Glidden

He Had heart problems !

I worked at Dodge Motorsports from 1966 to 2007. In 1978 and 1979 I was running a race dyno doing development for Don's Plymouth Arrow.................what a blast. Making power runs to 10,000 rpm with a destroked 340"...............I think it was 288" cubic inch engines. Worked with him again around 2005-2006 when he was doing some development for us also. Great guy!

5a3800406187e_BobGliddenArrow.jpg.4635f71158baf475eb615c8233a8aacb.jpg