Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel Ford GT Le Mans 2016

Bennyg

4 minutes ago, 935k3 said:

I will get one too. It is a very historically significant car.

I think its going to be a very popular kit Dale, it will be interesting to see if its going to be as popular as the AMG GT3 kit,  I think it will come pretty close, there is a lot of excitement for it. 

22 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

I think its going to be a very popular kit Dale, it will be interesting to see if its going to be as popular as the AMG GT3 kit,  I think it will come pretty close, there is a lot of excitement for it. 

I wouldn't go that far. It'll be a good seller, but aside from minor variations between WEC, Le Mans, and IMSA there's not a lot you can do with a car that is only available to two teams globally both factory supported with effectively the same livery for all of the cars.

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

I wouldn't go that far. It'll be a good seller, but aside from minor variations between WEC, Le Mans, and IMSA there's not a lot you can do with a car that is only available to two teams globally both factory supported with effectively the same livery for all of the cars.

Fair point.

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Looks like a review sample. Test shots wouldn't have decals and instructions. 

Yeah, its definitely a real kit, not a test shot. The test shots were a grey plastic like the one Dave Thibedeau built. I think he just used the wrong term. 

I'd say a review sample sent out early by Revell to a builder. Not sure if that guy does this normally or it was a one off. 

Hopefully they'll start shipping before December. 

2 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Yeah, its definitely a real kit, not a test shot. The test shots were a grey plastic like the one Dave Thibedeau built. I think he just used the wrong term. 

I'd say a review sample sent out early by Revell to a builder. Not sure if that guy does this normally or it was a one off. 

Hopefully they'll start shipping before December. 

Test shot/ review sample lost in translation from German to English. I gather the fella who got this sample is a test builder. 

I’m just happy with a new interesting product that looks like it will build up nicely.

Ben