Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel Ford GT Le Mans 2016

Bennyg

Again I say...March? Based on what? The kit number is a RevellAG one, and this is not on any current Revell list here or in Germany.  They managed to keep an all new glue kit secret up until two foreign vendors list it? Where is the CAD, 3D prints, test shots? Anything? Even Tamiya has built models to show 90 days ahead of release, and they're the king of secrecy.

I have to wonder if someone didn't read the list wrong and accidently blew a 2018 new kit that wasn't supposed to be disclosed until January 18th right before the Toy Faire...

Also figures Revell makes a livery and body kit that's going to be more than 2 years old by the time the kit is released, the 2018 Ford GT GTE car will debut in a month at Daytona.

Edited by niteowl7710

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Well digging around more and what I've been told is, it's a new tool RevellAG kit. Nobody seems to know why it's fallen from the sky now, instead at the 1st of the Year as usual, but release sounds like it's more toward Summer than March.

I'm a big rig guy and am happy to see this. It's now on another site. It's great to see the new gear coming from Revell Germany. I recently completed their Porsche tractor. Hopefully they keep the new stuff coming and hopefully a big rig.

Ben

55 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Yes I was wondering the same thing let's hope so !

The Panamera is a Skill Level 3 kit, and it has some engine detail.  Based on the last several "simplified" glue kits that RevellAG has done, they're taking more of a Tamiya approach in only tooling up things you'll actually see on the engine.  After that BMW i8 that had both engines (electric up front, combustion out back) that both disappeared once you assembled it...

9 minutes ago, OutaFocus said:

It's real. U.S. kit to release first followed by RoG version. No firm release date.

That would be interesting considering the stock number all of the European & Japanese sites have is 07041 - which is a RevellAG number (the new Panamera is 07034).  All of these places would carry the Revell U.S. kit, especially if it came out earlier than the Germany version.  I mean it makes sense that Revell U.S. would do it I suppose, being Ford is here and all of that...I know this car is the one that won it's class in 2016, but still it finished 2nd this past year at Le Mans, and there's a new season going on before this kit comes out...how in the world - granted with inaccuracies - did Revell & AMT release new NASCAR kits through the 80s and 90s, but now can't get race cars out until they're pushing irrelevancy.  

Edited by niteowl7710

4 hours ago, OutaFocus said:

RoG jumped the gun and released their info. That's why the kit # is RoG. The U.S. kept their mouths shut, but RoG let the cat out of the bag before they were supposed to.

That was the other train of thought, someone got a bit excited and had pre mature releasing info-o-lation.

Edited by martinfan5

13 hours ago, Gt fan said:

If it's anything like the C7R ..,  I'll pass on it. The Hiro kit in 24th and 12th are the best on the market.  Though it is nice that there doing a modern race car. 

Technically you'd need the Profil24 piece to do the 2016 car that Revell is doing.  The MFH one has the '17 body mods. 

On 12/19/2017 at 8:43 AM, Bennyg said:

I'm a big rig guy and am happy to see this. It's now on another site. It's great to see the new gear coming from Revell Germany. I recently completed their Porsche tractor. Hopefully they keep the new stuff coming and hopefully a big rig.

Ben

The tractor is out?  I haven't seen it anywhere?

Hot D*** !  I did just come across this on one of the other Japanese sites (Hobby Search) and they are already taking pre-orders for it.  Can only hope there will be some level of engine and suspension detail.  At least they did it in the right scale for a GT/enduro  racer.

On 12/19/2017 at 10:43 PM, Gt fan said:

If it's anything like the C7R ..,  I'll pass on it. The Hiro kit in 24th and 12th are the best on the market.  Though it is nice that there doing a modern race car. 

If the engineering is being done by RoG it'll be better than Revell USA. The McLaren/AMG GT/Porsche 918 all done by RoG are very good kits, perfect... no, but definitely good kits. The C7R done by Revell USA, again a good kit, but the wrong scale. Its the only modern GT car I can think of that's in 1/25 scale, everything else from everyone I can think of is 1/24 so RoG doing the Ford GT in 1/24 is good. 

If the Ford GT is coming in early 2018 than it's had to of been in development for close to a year or more,  so I can understand the car being modeled as the 2016., same thing happened with the Corvette, They did the decals for the 2016 car, but the body was actually that of the 2014 car. Why the #66 car and not the Le Mans winning #68 I dont get, or why not all 4 cars on the decal sheet would be even better, but Revell did the same with the Corvette..one choice for decals, which I dont agree with. 

I for one welcome this kit, even if it isnt perfect. Correcting and changing kits is part of the fun sometimes. Would love to see Tamiya do this kit, then it would be closer to perfect, but I'll take a RoG Ford GT. Converting to a 2018 spec probably wont be too hard and with Ford switching to a metallic paint for the 2018 GT's, building a 2016/17 car then doing a 2018 along side will be done by more than one builder I'm sure. Zero paints has already released the new metallic paints for 2018 and Gravity Colors has them coming very soon as well. 

So, with RoG doing the Ford GT, Profil 24 doing the Vantage, MFH with the 488(and Ford GT), AMG GT from Tamiya, BMW M6 from Platz (NuNu) we're missing a new Audi R8 and a new Porsche 911 RSR and a NSX GT3. Been a good 18 months for GT modelers.

4 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

If the engineering is being done by RoG it'll be better than Revell USA. The McLaren/AMG GT/Porsche 918 all done by RoG are very good kits, perfect... no, but definitely good kits. The C7R done by Revell USA, again a good kit, but the wrong scale. Its the only modern GT car I can think of that's in 1/25 scale, everything else from everyone I can think of is 1/24 so RoG doing the Ford GT in 1/24 is good. 

If the Ford GT is coming in early 2018 than it's had to of been in development for close to a year or more,  so I can understand the car being modeled as the 2016., same thing happened with the Corvette, They did the decals for the 2016 car, but the body was actually that of the 2014 car. Why the #66 car and not the Le Mans winning #68 I dont get, or why not all 4 cars on the decal sheet would be even better, but Revell did the same with the Corvette..one choice for decals, which I dont agree with. 

I for one welcome this kit, even if it isnt perfect. Correcting and changing kits is part of the fun sometimes. Would love to see Tamiya do this kit, then it would be closer to perfect, but I'll take a RoG Ford GT. Converting to a 2018 spec probably wont be too hard and with Ford switching to a metallic paint for the 2018 GT's, building a 2016/17 car then doing a 2018 along side will be done by more than one builder I'm sure. Zero paints has already released the new metallic paints for 2018 and Gravity Colors has them coming very soon as well. 

So, with RoG doing the Ford GT, Profil 24 doing the Vantage, MFH with the 488(and Ford GT), AMG GT from Tamiya, BMW M6 from Platz (NuNu) we're missing a new Audi R8 and a new Porsche 911 RSR and a NSX GT3. Been a good 18 months for GT modelers.

You're right. try being a truck modeller right now. We've had not much in relation to new releases. The aftermarket is the only place to get new American and Australian iron. I'm glad I dabble in cars too.

Ben