Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra hot rod

cobraman

Although I pretty much stopped building not too long ago I still want to build one of my favorite cars once in awhile . I am always trying to think of different things and ways to build a Cobra to add to my collection . Some ideas not too bad and there are ones like this . Still in the planning stage . So here then is the start of what I am calling a Cobra hot rod . 

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

Great start!!!  Outrageous originality!  Hope you can blend in that roof - looks like a challenge to me.  Show us the chassis, please.  BTW, I have some pretty "stupid" Cobras going myself.

Edited by GerN

6 hours ago, GerN said:

Great start!!!  Outrageous originality!  Hope you can blend in that roof - looks like a challenge to me.  Show us the chassis, please.  BTW, I have some pretty "stupid" Cobras going myself.

Complete chassis was taken from the AMT Fruit Wagon kit.

3 hours ago, geemoney said:

quit building?

why, may I ask?

Hard to say but I feel mostly because I started getting bored and not many kits excited me any more. The old Cobra racing team kit has just been re released and you can bet I will get two of them. One for my collection of un built kits and I will build one. I will still throw a Cobra together now and then. This is about the fourth time I quit so who knows ??:D

23 hours ago, cobraman said:

Show me your stupid Cobra's and i will show you mine. :D

I apologize and will attempt to delete this post if you weren't serious, but, here goes:

From left, I call them Cobra Daytonish, wide Cobra, Cobra Bread Van and Cobra Crate.  Couldn't resist including helper cat photo.  Enjoy!

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

22 hours ago, GerN said:

I apologize and will attempt to delete this post if you weren't serious, but, here goes:

From left, I call them Cobra Daytonish, wide Cobra, Cobra Bread Van and Cobra Crate.  Couldn't resist including helper cat photo.  Enjoy!

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

It will be good to watch the progress on this build.

(GerN, that cat is awesome. I've got two like that. Except one is banned from my model room, after he pee'd on the wall.)