Model Cars Magazine Forum

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, mikemodeler said:

Coming along nicely Brian, looking like the real thing! Those caps are a nice touch and those stacks look great.

Hopefully the coming warmer weather will let you get it painted.

This one has to go back in the stripper again, the second coat wrinkled on me. I don't know if it's the cold or what but I'm going to switch paints too.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, Fat Brian said:

This one has to go back in the stripper again, the second coat wrinkled on me. I don't know if it's the cold or what but I'm going to switch paints too.

I'm sorry to hear about the set back. I thought that those type of things only happened to me. I'm sure that you'll get it to looking great. I like this project!!

Stay warm!

Brian

11 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I'm sorry to hear about the set back. I thought that those type of things only happened to me. I'm sure that you'll get it to looking great. I like this project!!

Stay warm!

Brian

I'm doing my best, it's 8 degrees this morning. Yeah, twice into the stripper is unusual for me, normally I'd just buy another kit and start with a fresh body.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between an L and an LN?

The LN is the stock short hood version that comes in the kit, my L has a longer hood by about a foot. Notice how in my pics the front fender in all on the hood but in Brian's pics the rear portion of the fender mounts to the cab.

Once I got my nice paint it was time to dirty it up a bit. I got a little carried away with the salt on the frame so I had to do a similar job on the body. This one is getting close to being done, I just need to get the glass in the cab and the cab glued down so I can finish the exhaust piping. Then I will build the front bumper and rear tire chains and call it good.

20180305_003150_001.thumb.jpg.a327a8f4a97124f819870b8306f69334.jpg

1 hour ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Now that looks cool!!

Thank you, after spending so much time stripping it I kind of lost my mojo on it so it was a bit of a struggle to finish it. I started three other projects while this was soaking so my attention got spread out a bit.