Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 12/20/2017 at 10:50 PM, duesie said:

Eric

The Cord resin that you are referring to were reworked efforts that Lee Baker created and the supplier lived in South Africa.

He tragically died and all his resin production ceased I believe.

Art Anderson may have more description of the history on the gentleman effort to revive has All American Duesenberg and cords.

I was fortunate enough to acquire all of them as I am a Duesenberg nut.

contact me if you need some help in acquiring a model for a project .  Have some multiples of nearly all of the classic kits.

Looking forward to your next project as the six ford model Ts were great.

Hi Eric,

The guy that made these transkits is(or was) Guido Fuieux(?), that unfortunately  had a tragic ski accident in Germany when he went to that annual Frankfurt models expo, and became tetraplegic, so he had to end his modeling activity... but being an architect, he started this activity with the use of Autocad; I hope he is till around... these facts where toldto me once by a Spanish young man that, being also in a wheel chair, had an internet shop, Spotmodel (that was sold for the actual owner after his death), who  also used to sell Scalekraft Transkits (this was Guido's brand). I did have a pending purchase of some Monogram Duesenberg PEtch and other stuff Guido would send me after coming home after that expo... I was also planing to order him a 810 Westchester 4-door Sedan Cord resin body... His site was still in the net for some months, but I never got any answer to my mails... these facts about him, a learned it some 5 or 6 years after the accident.

Now, can you give some way to track one of these 810 Westchester 4-door Sedan Cord resin bodys for my expecting Monogram kit?

thank you very much

PS: Scalekraft had a great collection of fantastic kits and transkits, sometimes more than one every year, it is a great loss for us modellers...

On 12/21/2017 at 12:50 AM, Art Anderson said:

I mastered, and cast both varieties of the Cord 810/812 sedans.  A guy from South Africa had done both before (Guido Fieuw) but they were horribly inaccurate, and very crudely cast.  I did the flatback sedan as non-supercharged, the trunkback as a supercharged version.  Here's a pic of one of mine, built:  Cord810WestchesterSedan1-vi.jpg

Art, do you still have one of your sedan bodies, specially the flatback you might sell me? I was waiting for some photoetches for a couple Duesenbergs and also some tyre sets when Guido had the tragic accident in Germany, so my order never came… this Cord sedan body (yours I know now) and also the 1933 J Weymann speedster kit (or transkit, I don’t remember very well now what it was) that he (or with your “help”…) was expecting to lunch after coming home… Do you still have some of this items?

Thank you very much

10038661a.jpg

6 hours ago, peteski said:

Few years ago I bought the sedan body at the NNL East from the gentleman that wrote and sells the plastic kits price guide. Bill "something" (Coulter?  don't remember).  He might have more available.

The gentleman selling the Cord bodies is Bob Shelton. He is Bill Coulter's co-writer of the price guides. Just saw Bob at Motor City NNL this past weekend and he had Cord bodies and price guides as well as Bill's book/magazine ATS for sale.

5 hours ago, peter31a said:

The gentleman selling the Cord bodies is Bob Shelton. He is Bill Coulter's co-writer of the price guides. Just saw Bob at Motor City NNL this past weekend and he had Cord bodies and price guides as well as Bill's book/magazine ATS for sale.

Hi Peter, can you tell me how to contact Mr. Shelton, please?

Thank you very much

eBay vendor maroil https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=maroil&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

They have Cord resin bodies occasionally, mentioned in feedback. Also has kit guides, so it may well be Bob Shelton, not sure.

Andy Martin has done a couple Duesies too, but limited, I haven't seen any up on eBay either. He did the Mudd coupe and a nice Rollston Victoria, but probably 2-3+ years ago. He is modelmartin on eBay. 

Neither has anything listed now. 

So, list of US resins done I guess, I've not seen full list. No stuff from Guido.

Cord: AAM- Beverly sedan; Westchester sedan; Sportsman. Shelton: Beverly; ?Westchester

Duesy: AAM- Weymann SJ boat-tail; Whittell boat-tail; Figoni fishtail; Gurney-Nutting Maharajah; Judkins 3-window; Sedan; J conversion hood and carbs; ?anything I missed?

Aardvark/Martin: Mudd coupe; Rollston Victoria; J hood and carbs.  Automodelli did built ups of the Mormon Meteor, Graber, and Leno's Walker coupe. 

I think that's it. 

On 12/22/2017 at 11:52 PM, jas1957 said:

Bob Shelton,  PMB 140,  3116 W. Montgomery Rd.  #C,  Maineville, OH 45039 

Bob has several different Cord bodies available,. they are designed to fit the Monogram kit.

Hi John, do you have Bob Sheldon's email? I NEED a Cord 810 sedan body...

thank you very much