Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don Funny car coming next year 2018

Mr mopar

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, alexis said:

Isn't this the kit that has a stray Model A Ford Radiator Shell on the Chrome tree? If so, I'm in for one.

most of the stray parts come from the mpc Ramcharger dune buggy ,and 67'color me gone charger funny car !

• 3 weeks later...

I know for a FACT that the Cougar Funny Car kit WILL be out long before I finish the kits I have already started which is not really a lot, however summer is comin' and that means baseball, car shows, and cruise nights. Hopefully I'll squeeze some model building time in also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, iBorg said:

Whoever gets it first, can they post the decals? I'm hoping they're more accurate than the Slixx decals which are a whole lot more accurate than the originals.

Agreed.

the decal sheet will determine how well this issue sells,,,or not .

it WILL be the determining factor if I buy one or not

Mine is on pre-order simply because of the decal sheet. It appears there were three paint schemes for the car. The original did not have the gold that's on the Slixx sheet. The gold hood car appears to have not been driven by Don but rather Frank Oglesby the majority of the time. If my attachments work correctly, the first two are the original paint scheme, then the gold hood with Don driving and finally with Oglesby. I much prefer the original scheme.

r

s-l500.jpg

hrdp_1968_09_z+hot_rod_cover.jpg

12-2.jpg

DYNODonNicholsonCougar6811-vi.jpg

Edited by iBorg
trying to get photos in right order