Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don Funny car coming next year 2018

Mr mopar

Thanks for posting those shots. Based on what was posted previously, it appears to me that Slixx did the later version of the car - where the gold was more prominent - and AMT has done the earlier version, where more of the red body color shows through. It's hard to tell how accurate the lace pattern is, but I suspect it will look OK over paint. So apart from the lack of foil (which I can imagine being expensive to produce) I like what I'm seeing.

Maybe the aftermarket will step up, but whoops, there goes some more of your money!

Edited by RancheroSteve

On 3/14/2018 at 9:03 AM, alexis said:

Is this the kit that has the Model A Radiator Shell on the Chrome tree? I remember reading that one of the Cougar Funny Car kits did.

Yes that is correct- anyone know why it's on the chrome tree???

13 hours ago, Drag Monster said:

Here are the decals included in the kit compared to the slixx decals. Any Idea which are more accurate? The Slixx decals have the Gold lace pattern the kit decals have a multi colored circular pattern and allow more of the body color to show through.

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572 (1).jpg

How about showing the rest of the kit Please ?

On 6/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, Drag Monster said:

Here are the decals included in the kit compared to the slixx decals. Any Idea which are more accurate? The Slixx decals have the Gold lace pattern the kit decals have a multi colored circular pattern and allow more of the body color to show through.

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572 (1).jpg

Nice, Looks like I'll be adding one of these to the kit pile , dang it . Been trying to avoid adding to it lately with modern stuff and concentrate more on my old annuals wants

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

Nice, Looks like I'll be adding one of these to the kit pile , dang it . Been trying to avoid adding to it lately with modern stuff and concentrate more on my old annuals wants

Pretend that it's an original annual, and you're scoring it for the price of a new current kit! BAM, what a deal! Score! B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Pretend that it's an original annual, and you're scoring it for the price of a new current kit! BAM, what a deal! Score! B)

I like that thinking.

Stopped at one of the local LHS today. he didnt have any yet

• 2 weeks later...

Well, After spending some time with this kit, yes it's a turd. Disappointing, but I knew this going in. I just let the "Styrene goggles" get the better of me. The body isn't bad but everything else could be better. The decals look good but I haven't tried them at this point.

1 minute ago, samdiego said:

Well, After spending some time with this kit, yes it's a turd. Disappointing, but I knew this going in. I just let the "Styrene goggles" get the better of me. The body isn't bad but everything else could be better. The decals look good but I haven't tried them at this point.

Well, it's a reissue of a 50yr old MPC drag kit...wasn't that great to begin with...

• 1 month later...