Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don Funny car coming next year 2018

Mr mopar

On 8/18/2018 at 10:07 PM, Daddyfink said:

Went to HL today and there was no Cougar. Our LHS has them already

I'm thinking HL isn't stocking this one. Stores I've been to have all been reset, and empty holes that have stickers on the shelves, none have the Cougar. Just like I waited for them to stock the Mod Rod 29 A roadster kit  a couple years ago, and they never did.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Billschneider64 said:

Is the body and hood same as stock for the 1968 Funny Car reissue? Could this be combined with a 1969 cougar kit to make a factory stock 1968?

Rear wheel openings are enlarged. Other than that, the body could probably be brought back to stock, or something close to it. 

Sure would like to see a reissue and/or new kit of a 1967 or '68 Mercury Cougar in factory-stock form.  The AMT '69 Cougar is okay, but the first two years of the Cougar just "caught-my-fancy" a bit more, and there is such a variety of versions that could be newly-kitted like a GT-E or XR-7, (Motor Trend Magazine's 1967 Car-of-the-Year)!

17 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Sure would like to see a reissue and/or new kit of a 1967 or '68 Mercury Cougar in factory-stock form.  The AMT '69 Cougar is okay, but the first two years of the Cougar just "caught-my-fancy" a bit more, and there is such a variety of versions that could be newly-kitted like a GT-E or XR-7, (Motor Trend Magazine's 1967 Car-of-the-Year)!

Mark:

I agree with you 100% that we need a new styrene first gen Cougar kit!  I've been making this same argument for years, still not sure why it hasn't happened:

Note that a LOT of kit subjects that were suggested in this thread from four years ago have now been released, or are on their way, including the '80s Cutlass Hurst Olds/442 kits, new Model A hot rod kits, first gen Bronco, 1965/1966 Ford F100 (upcoming Moebius), and 2nd generation Chevelle (upcoming Revell 1968/1969).

However, I did notice that I heard pretty much nothing but crickets on my pitch for a new first gen Cougar.  Maybe it's just not popular enough/remembered by the general public?

I remember getting this Dyno Don Eliminator Funny car kit, back in the late 60's.There were many others, But I remember this kit and the dragster Hippie Hemi. I think this dragster kit came in red. Back then most places, they were $2. There was a place I use to go with my mom that was a discount store that also sold models. They had the same exact kits selling them for 75 cents. I usually got more than one if I remember right, depending on my funds.