[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Mr mopar

Dyno Don Funny car coming next year 2018

Thanks for posting those shots. Based on what was posted previously, it appears to me that Slixx did the later version of the car - where the gold was more prominent - and AMT has done the earlier version, where more of the red body color shows through. It's hard to tell how accurate the lace pattern is, but I suspect it will look OK over paint. So apart from the lack of foil (which I can imagine being expensive to produce) I like what I'm seeing.

Maybe the aftermarket will step up, but whoops, there goes some more of your money!

Edited by RancheroSteve

I agree......it appears we have two sets of decals that are 80% correct for either of the four versions. I don't understand why they didn't do foil. Hopefully the aftermarket will step up.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:03 AM, alexis said:

Is this the kit that has the Model A Radiator Shell on the Chrome tree? I remember reading that one of the Cougar Funny Car kits did.

Yes that is correct- anyone know why it's on the chrome tree???

From this version comes the Model A grill. (Google photo) 

s-l225 (1).jpg

13 hours ago, Drag Monster said:

Here are the decals included in the kit compared to the slixx decals. Any Idea which are more accurate? The Slixx decals have the Gold lace pattern the kit decals have a multi colored circular pattern and allow more of the body color to show through.

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572 (1).jpg

How about showing the rest of the kit Please ?

9 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

How about showing the rest of the kit Please ?

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5574.jpg

47 minutes ago, Drag Monster said:

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5574.jpg

Thank you ............... Not like the original kit to bad !

Looking at all the photo's on the net it appears that the lettering is chrome silver not gold ?

If anyone has the Hot Rod article or other era correct magazines (I'm thinking SS&DI) can you scan them and send them to me as a PM or post them here.

Thanks for the Hot Rod story......a great read. Plus a wonderful side view of the early paint scheme.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, Drag Monster said:

Here are the decals included in the kit compared to the slixx decals. Any Idea which are more accurate? The Slixx decals have the Gold lace pattern the kit decals have a multi colored circular pattern and allow more of the body color to show through.

IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5572 (1).jpg

Nice, Looks like I'll be adding one of these to the kit pile , dang it . Been trying to avoid adding to it lately with modern stuff and concentrate more on my old annuals wants

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

Nice, Looks like I'll be adding one of these to the kit pile , dang it . Been trying to avoid adding to it lately with modern stuff and concentrate more on my old annuals wants

Pretend that it's an original annual, and you're scoring it for the price of a new current kit! BAM, what a deal! Score! B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Pretend that it's an original annual, and you're scoring it for the price of a new current kit! BAM, what a deal! Score! B)

I like that thinking.

Stopped at one of the local LHS today. he didnt have any yet

I have this issue of SSDI , which is August of 1968 , if anyone needs detail pictures of this car

DynoDon-cougar.jpg

I got Cougar kit today ....pretty much the same kit as model king  to bad Round2 didn't do some work on the body and glass

but all fixable .