Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 for 2018

Casey

50 minutes ago, Aaronw said:

Those should be welcome, I know I'll grab a couple to restock my dwindling supply. If they include the tow truck and mini pumper options I'd really be happy as I've never had those.

Probably too much to ask that they update the running gear. I think a better detailed chassis and a 4x4 option would go over very well. The promo style chassis is the major complaint with the kit. 

The best way to turn these kits into a 4wd is to use the chassis from the MPC Deserter kit. The inner fenders in the 72 Chevy kit are incorrect and should be cut out. The ones in the Deserter chassis are closer to being correct. A better 2wd chassis can be found in the 64/65/66 Chevy pickups from Revell.

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

The best way to turn these kits into a 4wd is to use the chassis from the MPC Deserter kit. The inner fenders in the 72 Chevy kit are incorrect and should be cut out. The ones in the Deserter chassis are closer to being correct. A better 2wd chassis can be found in the 64/65/66 Chevy pickups from Revell.

Thanks, I know it isn't too painful to upgrade. This is just one of these kits that a fairly small investment could make a large improvement in quality. 

5 hours ago, Casey said:

I think the Mack DM800 and Aurocar Tractor are the last of the big trucks reissued by either Model King or Stevens International which Round2 has yet to reissue themselves. They just reissued the Mack Cruiseliner, the Autocar Tractor is supposed to be a 2018 reissue, so I would expect the Mack DM800 within the next 24 months, too.

Jesse mentioned this elsewhere on the forum, but Round2's Instagram post yesterday showed an "unlabelled" mold and some teaser pics looking inside the mold, which turned out to be...*drumroll*.....

27879806_817704648437932_745190821436430

The MPC '67-'72 Chevy pickup, with the tow truck version's fire extinguisher and jack stand bases clearly visible. Might not be a 2018 reissue at this point, but I wouldn't bet against seeing some form of the kit in 2019.

Thanks Casey, I want an Autocar also..

2 hours ago, Aaronw said:

Thanks, I know it isn't too painful to upgrade. This is just one of these kits that a fairly small investment could make a large improvement in quality. 

I agree 100% ! It would be nice to see these tooled up with more accurate chassis and drivetrains. It would also be nice to see the variety we have had in the Moebius Fords from the same year range- long bed/short bed, deluxe and stripper trim.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, Casey said:

I think the Mack DM800 and Aurocar Tractor are the last of the big trucks reissued by either Model King or Stevens International which Round2 has yet to reissue themselves. They just reissued the Mack Cruiseliner, the Autocar Tractor is supposed to be a 2018 reissue, so I would expect the Mack DM800 within the next 24 months, too.

This has also not been reissued since the Stevens International release in 2008. 

HPIM2961.thumb.JPG.adf9861ecf0dabbe94f1fc95208a7267.JPG

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Would like to see more trailers, especially the doubles and someone to offer the CF decal set for the tractor and trailer.

Agreed on more trailers. I've been on the hunt for a Fruehauf flatbed. None of my local shops have any and eBay prices are through the roof. According to my research, that was last out in 2010 so I'd say it's time again.

I can live with the old style chassis because you can't see it when the model is right side up, but the half baked wrecker bed is another story.  Any kind of tow truck or fire apparatus on a 1/2 ton chassis is plain wrong in any case.. . it would be nice to have a proper 1 ton truck, but that's so niche I'd be amazed if it ever happens.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Ditto for the Double Header!! pup trailers:

StevensDoubleHeader.thumb.jpg.cb4c14d9e2941fb89aab15bdb064aef5.jpg

Yep, forgot about those, even though they aren't but a space or two down from the plow on the shelf. :lol: Maybe since it has the W925 pulling the box art set and also with the recent reissue of the Freightliner SD/DD, fingers crossed this would be in the near future. A couple other notables from around the same timeframe though these were just straight AMT reissues then, the Great Dane extendable

20180214_205949.thumb.jpg.44f9749dcc68cf889c7736bfa977c6e2.jpg

and I know from a Facebook live auction group I regularly see people asking for, the Wilson livestock trailer, which I wouldn't mind having a couple more of myself to add a few more custom builds to my brench like this one. 

20233040_1525495410847117_7556685100889325540_o.thumb.jpg.98b2ce346c572f8956d8ef13c55e8faf.jpg

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Would like to see more trailers, especially the doubles and someone to offer the CF decal set for the tractor and trailer.

As with keeping fingers crossed for the doubles, since AMT did include CF decals in the SD/DD kit, they might do the doubles to match. 

5a90b7bd304a9_AMT1046-WF-SD-DD-Decals2.thumb.jpg.ce15ba6b693cccafd1f94b02457b2488.jpg

I would also like to see the Freuhauf reefer come back out since in the new issue of the Kenworth W925 AMT included the trailer decals for the Watkins reefer, but the last issue of a Freuhauf box from a few years ago and I believe I seen here but maybe not in this particular thread is supposedly scheduled for later this year again is the beaded van. I'm hoping it will have the reefer parts this go round! 

5a90ba778525c_AMTT507Reefergd.JPG.e67e3df1eb70390eafe7e3baf4ca8eb5.JPG

AMT1021-Decals-front-v2.thumb.jpg.6e8c907ee0d5d5ea708d55c2166ca1c1.jpg

2 hours ago, Casey429 said:

Agreed on more trailers. I've been on the hunt for a Fruehauf flatbed. None of my local shops have any and eBay prices are through the roof. According to my research, that was last out in 2010 so I'd say it's time again.

I thought there was another release in between but I could be wrong. I'm just surprised they are as highly priced as they are! :o I just did a quick search and didn't see one under $50, but in a few recent months I've gotten a still sealed tanker AND a sealed inside NASCAR transporter both from the early to mid 90s and barely paid over $25 for both! 

Those prices almost make me think they have AMT's Fruehauf mixed up with the one hiding in this picture! 

20171203_223154.thumb.jpg.d84c0790e215bf05c05808d4d1f92457.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And just in case you can't get enough Coca-Cola, Round2 is releasing a Coca-Cola decal pack:

Image 1

This is available for $10 over at Free Time Hobbies (and other placed, I'm sure).

I think the Texaco decal sheet will be more useful:

amts9929__47742.1519415012.1280.1280.jpg

Edited by Jim B

I would really like to see the Autocar dump truck come back.  It's been a while since it was last out.  They seem to have released every other Autocar, White, Diamond Reo, Western Star variant in the recent past so I'm confused why this one hasn't shown up again.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:38 AM, PacificEd said:

I would really like to see the Autocar dump truck come back.  It's been a while since it was last out.  They seem to have released every other Autocar, White, Diamond Reo, Western Star variant in the recent past so I'm confused why this one hasn't shown up again.

Maybe the insert for the dump box parts is missing or damaged? With the Autocar tractor being reissued soon, it might be a good time to ask someone at Round2 if the dump truck version on one their radar, too. I wouldn't expect to see it before all the heavy truck kits reissued by Model King or Stevens International are again reissued by Round2, but it never hurts to fire off an e-mail message and ask them.

1 hour ago, hpiguy said:

I see that the Wilson Livestock Van Trailer and the Peerless Logging Trailer are coming back in 2018 under the AMT logo.

Yes. Round2 reissued the logging trailer in 2009, and prices (at least on eBay) seem to be creeping up around $40 or so on them. I think the Wilson Livestock trailer was last reissued by Ertl in 2002, so people will be happy to see it reissued.

ls.jpg.1a3f0f53b0c780465396b7fbeaffb176.jpg

On 3/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, Casey said:

Maybe the insert for the dump box parts is missing or damaged? With the Autocar tractor being reissued soon, it might be a good time to ask someone at Round2 if the dump truck version on one their radar, too. I wouldn't expect to see it before all the heavy truck kits reissued by Model King or Stevens International are again reissued by Round2, but it never hurts to fire off an e-mail message and ask them.

It was last issued around the early 2000s around the same time the bulldozer was last reissued. 

Amt-Ertl-1-25-Autocar-Dump-Truck-38141.jpg.04f8819f8051854f137d1c8d89569a76.jpg

Cat01-vi.jpg.721ed4e9ef182a5e9a83006f0814f6ef.jpg