[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      Board Status   07/20/2018

      Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Casey

Round2 for 2018

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Speaking of Japanese mini-trucks, we can't be too far away from reissues of the Ford (Mazda) Courier, and Dodge (Mitsubishi) Ram 50 at this point...

I'm betting a reissue of the D-50 will be announced before the end of 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Casey said:

The headlights changed to rectangular in 1982, so this could be a '79-'81.

I'm not horribly excited about this reissue TBH-- 30 pieces and lots of molded in detail everywhere.

I noticed that when I seen the box art, so its on par with the Datsun they did ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

I noticed that when I seen the box art, so its on par with the Datsun they did ?

The Datsun Z at least was full detail, this is a snap kit, probably on a par w/ the Camaro Cheverra and Mazda RX-7 that were in the same snap kit series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

The Datsun Z at least was full detail, this is a snap kit, probably on a par w/ the Camaro Cheverra and Mazda RX-7 that were in the same snap kit series. 

Silly me Rob,  I was not at clear with what I was trying say, is it comparable to the snapper Datsun offroad from Monogram/Revell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Silly me Rob,  I was not at clear with what I was trying say, is it comparable to the snapper Datsun offroad from Monogram/Revell

The Monogram pickup was pretty good for a snap kit---it had an engine and separate headlight lenses IIRC (I built it back in the 80s).  This is much more simplified I think..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

The Monogram pickup was pretty good for a snap kit---it had an engine and separate headlight lenses IIRC (I built it back in the 80s).  This is much more simplified I think..

Yeah, its decent for a snapper correct on the perseverate HL lenses , thats what I wanted to know, thank's

Edited by martinfan5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Rob said above, very much simplified with lots of molded in detail. Here's what the chassis and suspension look like:

amttoyota4x4susp.jpg.5f83334cf5a6ffff57264e3629e85da4.jpg

And the grille from Ben's Wanted post:

6BBBDE89-7D1F-420D-971C-A38CB905ABC2.jpeg

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good to me, at least from here. I'll get one, if only to have that model of Toyota truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a hat tip to Tim Boyd...:

AMT-1063 1/25 1960 Chevy Custom Fleetside Pickup Truck w/Go Kart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Casey said:

With a hat tip to Tim Boyd...:

AMT-1063 1/25 1960 Chevy Custom Fleetside Pickup Truck w/Go Kart

New tool (2000ish) P/U with vintage go kart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luc, that would be my guess. We won't know for sure for a few more months.

Time to let the speculations, and complaints begin.

I learned to drive in my Dad's 1961 Chevy Pickup. I'll be glad to have this kit back.  Now to find a resin, Long Bed, Stepside box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

New tool (2000ish) P/U with vintage go kart?

The modern '60 Chevy tooling, and I'd assume the go kart is either new tooling or they found the tooling to the one that was in the '60s pickup annuals? 

Edited by Rob Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

The modern '60 Chevy tooling, and I'd assume the go kart is either new tooling or they found the tooling to the one that was in the '60s pickup annuals? 

Yes, to the '90s era '60 Chevy Pickup, and to the vintage go kart from the early '60s Ford annual pickup kits'. John Grusczela (sp?) mentioned the 'bonus' parts a few years ago in the "What's a Hanger Shot?" Collector Model blog post, and I believe Tim Boyd mentioned the go kart parts being reissued at least once here on the forum. Sounds like they found enough to make it work, or maybe had to do some repair and restoration. Either way, the pickup is an excellent kit in its own regard, and long overdue for reissue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be interesting to see how may show up at swap/shows in the next few years cheap, missing the go kart.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 11:11 AM, Casey said:

As Rob said above, very much simplified with lots of molded in detail. Here's what the chassis and suspension look like:

amttoyota4x4susp.jpg.5f83334cf5a6ffff57264e3629e85da4.jpg

And the grille from Ben's Wanted post:

6BBBDE89-7D1F-420D-971C-A38CB905ABC2.jpeg

Thanks Casey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2018 at 9:38 AM, Phirewriter said:

It'll be interesting to see how may show up at swap/shows in the next few years cheap, missing the go kart.:P

It's been surprisingly (from my selfish POV) long since this kit has been available at the retail level. I've got the '98 and '99 issues of the stock and custom versions, and it looks like 2002 was the last, and maybe only, time the stock version was reissued, so it's been about 16 years or so. I can forsee a few being sold for parts on eBay after the kart and excellent inline six-cylinder engine are removed, though.

Since this month is truck-heavy at Round2...:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now