Model Cars Magazine Forum

359 peterbilt (cannonball run) update 2/14/2018

It is a revell 359 peterbilt that I’m building for the 2018 cannonball run community biuld:

it will be shortened into a day cab, three turbos with water to air intercooler on a 3406 cat engine, 4 fuel tanks, custom interior with a roll cage and much more. 

Here are some mock-up pics as I can’t start building until January 1st but I want to know what you guys think of it. 

BF1D8D71-32AE-4977-A661-10347EE67436.png

91E1EFD7-DFA3-4C01-B67C-9657BBEBBDF2.png

Edited by 426 pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, DrKerry said:

Not sure on the Pete’s but smaller tanks like that were power steering reservoirs... It’s not an air cleaner as they are bigger in size of course!!!! 

Kerry is right, that is the power steering reservoir. Many trucks have luberfiners mounted in the same location that look similar. Some Peterbilts had both a Luberfiner and the power steering reservoir mounted in this location.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2018 at 10:01 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Kerry is right, that is the power steering reservoir. Many trucks have luberfiners mounted in the same location that look similar. Some Peterbilts had both a Luberfiner and the power steering reservoir mounted in this location.

Dad had one that was set-up like that. Power steering and oil filter on the same side,can not remember what order they were in.

19 hours ago, clayton said:

Dad had one that was set-up like that. Power steering and oil filter on the same side,can not remember what order they were in.

Isn't the smaller reservoir power steering? A lot of the ones I've seen are quite different in size (oil filter vs power steering reservoir)