Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for Nova Parts

Hello Everyone.  I am trying to gather parts for my next build...1/25 69 Nova for drag racing.  I am having trouble finding some of the parts.  The ones I find are spread out over multiple sites so I would get drilled on shipping.  Do you have any recommendations where I can find the majority of these parts

Her is my list:

big tire chassis pan and cowl induction hood

tachometer with black number face
B&M Shifter 
Switch panel
kirky seats with covers red harness 
steering wheel with tbrake button and coiled wire
MSD 7 box
under dash gauge panel
fuel pump 
coil overs, wheelie bars, rear end 12 bolt
14 x 32 scaled slick 
rear wing
white yenko stripes 

Thanks,

Ed

I'd try listing my needs under the Wanted Section as you may get more response that way. The Cowl Hood would be easy since it's included in the first 2in1 issue of the '69 Nova SS. The Big Tire Chassis could come from the "67 Chevelle Pro Street kit or Tub the chassis and relocate the rear suspension to create your own. The Tach. could even be made out of some spruce. Most of the other stuff can be fabricated from bits and pieces in the kit. The Yenko decals are in the Street Burner Nova kit.  

I'd suggest visiting at Ted's Modeling Marketplace. I think you'll find lots of stuff from there plus that Ted is a super nice guy to deal with.  I believe you could find at least the tachometer, Kirkey seats, MSD Box, probably the cauge panel, fuel pump, coil overs, wheelie bars and probably some other stuff from there as well.

I'm not sure about where to find that B&M Shifter, but that should be fairly easy to scratchbuild from sheet plastic. The transbrake button is not hard to make either. The switch panel is a bit trickier to scratchbuild so if anyone has any good ideas for that I'd like to hear them too. The other parts could be found in some different kits, so a post in the Wanted section might be a good idea.

Hope this helps.

I agree that posting this in the Wanted section would net better results, as many of the parts you seek can be found in kits...or another member's parts stash.

Can you post a picture of the car you are trying to replicate? B&M made many different styles of shifters, and a few were available in kits, so being specific or posting some pictures of that you're trying to replicate in scale would be very helpful.

With all of the specialty parts you are trying to source, it is going to take time and money to get them all. Your best bet would be to make sure you have stuff to trade and be willing to work with others in your trades. Check the show section here on the forum and see if there are any shows coming up in your area as they can be great sources for kits, parts and resin pieces.

I could get some of that together an a bit more that I can get molded. My shipping rate starts at $3 for a 4x4x4 box usps.

You might need to get more descriptive on some of the stuff your looking for. Like is that for the stock 2" cowl hood or one of those obnoxious high ones. Fuel pump for on the block or drag use style.