Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:12 Camaro 3d Print wheels

On request from an Instagram follower I have made my first 1:12 wheel for the Camaro kit.  These wheels can be scaled to any size, but I'm going to run them first for the 1:12 kit and make some scale changes to get them to fit the 1:25 crew.  The Wheel design I have made will be identical in diameter to the stock wheel provided by Revell.  The print wheel will fit into the stock tire.    The rear wheel measures out at 48.5 mm and the front is 44.5 mm in diameter.

I'll do a test print on this and make sure the fit is correct.  Sometimes I have to make adjustments to the thickness depending on the design, but this should be a pretty straight forward wheel creation that I'll have available soon.  

Any questions are welcome!

Mike

Tomahawk-vi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Abelaxe,

Let me know what you have.  I should be able to do them.  I'll need a name of the wheel or some good reference images.  Do you have tires?  If so which ones and what are the sizes.  I did this set for an Instagram follower.  He requested the design and he had the tires to fit.  A couple weeks later we were done!  Its a staggered set at 19" and 23" scale at 1:24.

Mike

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

3dscaleparts    Here is a pic of my wheel...The rears are 15x8 and the fronts are 15x4. I actually do not remember who the manufacture is..I believe it is a division of Weld. I dont have tires. I would love to find someone that makes Mickey Thompson ET drag radials, the new Pro tires.  1/24 scale would be great. Thank you  

20140606_195411.jpg

Edited by abelaxe

50 minutes ago, abelaxe said:

3dscaleparts    Here is a pic of my wheel...The rears are 15x8 and the fronts are 15x4. I actually do not remember who the manufacture is..I believe it is a division of Weld. I dont have tires. I would love to find someone that makes Mickey Thompson ET drag radials, the new Pro tires.  1/24 scale would be great. Thank you  

20140606_195411.jpg

Try Teds Modeling market place... thats were i bought  mines. 275/60r15 and 335/50r15 in 1/12 scale..?

I'll do some research on these.  Are you looking to replicate the tire and its markings?  Or do you want a tire close in size.  Im not up to everything on 1/24, but are you saying there is no 1/24 1/25 kit that has this size?  I absolutely know for the big scale modelers.....theres hardly anything like this out there.  Keep me posted.

Mike

1 hour ago, 3dscaleparts said:

I'll do some research on these.  Are you looking to replicate the tire and its markings?  Or do you want a tire close in size.  Im not up to everything on 1/24, but are you saying there is no 1/24 1/25 kit that has this size?  I absolutely know for the big scale modelers.....theres hardly anything like this out there.  Keep me posted.

Mike

Im looking for something close to a 275/60-15 MT ET drag radial...I looked at Teds web site and all he has is regular slicks.

13 hours ago, Ralph Torres said:

I havent been to Teds in a few years so im thinking he pulled them and doesnt sell them no more. I looked also and i didnt see them. I bought some though...

20150204_085639_zpsclctqmj7.jpg

I wished I could find some...Those are the older style...But I would take them in 1/24 or 1/25 or 1/12 scale.

• 4 months later...