Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Falcon Gasser

afx

1 hour ago, afx said:

Thanks Kerry & Mitch.  Looks like a great project Dave, your body is in much nicer shape than what I started with. 

Well JC, Thanks for the kind words, but I wouldn't say it started out in good shape, LOL. It actually started out as this:

DSCN8791-vi.thumb.jpg.aceacc001f848035939a8becd6f8d2f4.jpg.110fee722a6f1e131629bf019d0cd884.jpg

I grafted on a Ranchero front end to fix it.

4 hours ago, Dave Toups said:

Well JC, Thanks for the kind words, but I wouldn't say it started out in good shape, LOL. It actually started out as this:

DSCN8791-vi.thumb.jpg.aceacc001f848035939a8becd6f8d2f4.jpg.110fee722a6f1e131629bf019d0cd884.jpg

I grafted on a Ranchero front end to fix it.

I stand corrected, great save!

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, Dave Toups said:

That's looking great JC! One of my (many) stalled projects is a 60 Falcon gasser. I never thought of using the Trumpeter chassis, but I really like the way it fits! I widened a 67 Mustang chassis and got it to fit decent, but the Trumpeter has the advantage of wider wheel tubs which would be nice. If you want to use a 60 grille, I made one that will work without a front bumper. Removing the bumper leaves a "notch" in the grille which I fixed by grafting a piece in from another grille. I also removed the molded in headlights and replaced them with headlight buckets. Norman cast it for me so he probably still has the mold. Are you coming to the next MAMA meeting? If so, please bring it along and I'll bring mine.

I dare ya!

2 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Have you considered the Radirs from the Thunderbolt kit for the rears?

I really like the Radir wheels (the steelies above came from the T-Bolt kit) however I haven't seen any period photos with them installed on a gasser.