Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Falcon Gasser

afx

Thanks Joe and Niko, for backing up my story. :)

Of course a gasser wouldn't run a stock fuel tank.  However I wanted to add a filler cap at the rear for additional interest.

DSCN5243DSCN5242

Did some wheel detailing: spayed the fronts with Tamiya Smoke to tone them down, sprayed the our rims at the rear with Tamiya Silver Leaf and detailed the lug nuts.

DSCN5236

Edited by afx

If you're looking for little details to add interest and accuracy, I have an easy one for you: You could scribe in the separation line between the front fenders and the rocker panels. And maybe lesser, more subtle ones between the rocker panels and the rear quarters. Vintage model car bodies almost never have these lines on them. B)

Hi JC,

I've been very much enjoying the progress on this model so far.  I have an early Falcon that had a front clip transplant sitting waaaaaay at the back of my bench,eventually to be a period high school custom.

I thought you might like to see this 60 that I spotted in a tourist town just out of Phoenix back in 2014.  I suspect it had a Chevy in it, you needed a stepladder to climb over the camshaft but he was already quite a distance from the suburbs high up a mountain and he wasn't afraid to drive it!  The stance is remarkably similar to your project.

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Alan

IMG_7240.JPG

IMG_7232.JPG

Thanks Curt. I applied another coat of paint and just letting it cure.

Thanks for the pictures Alan.  I added a resin tach to the dash (from Scenes Unlimited) and painted the rear bumper similar to your photos.

Edited by afx

Happy to be of help JC.  I had an instant sense of deja vu when I saw your mock-up and figured you would get a kick out of it. Cant wait to see yours finished.

And is it just me or do those graphics on the real car look like old AMT decals?

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton
Technical booboos