[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
afx

'61 Falcon Gasser

JC, what technique do you use to get your styrene to retain its shape when forming roll bars, headers etc? Btw loving this build

On 2/11/2018 at 9:48 AM, br67 said:

JC, what technique do you use to get your styrene to retain its shape when forming roll bars, headers etc? Btw loving this build

Thanks Brandon.  First I always use solid rod and not tubing which tends to kink when its bent. I use my fingers or round needle nose pliers to make the bends, then hold them over a candle to set the shape.  You can feel, in your fingers, the tension release from the bend.  It only takes a second or less depending on the thickness of the material. 

Some of the tools I use.

DSCN4758

Edited by afx

In referring back to this photo..........

DSCN5160

What color did you paint those carburetors JC? That engine looks superb!! I like the natural lay of the ignition wires.

Edited by mustang1989

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

In referring back to this photo..........

What color did you paint those carburetors JC? That engine looks superb!! I like the natural lay of the ignition wires.

Thanks Joe.  Carbs painted Tamiya Titanium Gold with a brown wash.

Image result for tamiya titanium gold

3 hours ago, afx said:

Thanks Joe.  Carbs painted Tamiya Titanium Gold with a brown wash.

Thanks for the help. Looks like that's the way I'm going to go with carburetor painting from now on. I've been looking for the right color to paint carburetors with for the last 4 or 5 builds. I ended up with more of a goldish chrome which was okay but I like this a lot better.

39 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks for the help. Looks like that's the way I'm going to go with carburetor painting from now on. I've been looking for the right color to paint carburetors with for the last 4 or 5 builds. I ended up with more of a goldish chrome which was okay but I like this a lot better.

Here is the color without the wash.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, afx said:

Perfect!!!!!!!!

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, afx said:

Any progress on this bad boy JC?

On 1/17/2018 at 7:17 PM, afx said:

I really like the Radir wheels (the steelies above came from the T-Bolt kit) however I haven't seen any period photos with them installed on a gasser.

Not to hijack, but there are a (very) few pictured on the George Class remembers 'site:

3693397.jpg

4368085.jpg

57Flying20Farmer-vi.jpg

I think your wheels and tire choice looks pretty darn good, though. The small Firestones up front work well on smaller compact cars kike the Falcon, too.

Was this chassis piece from the custom Faclon or the stock version? Or are they the same?

Love where this is headed. :)

Edited by Casey

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Not to hijack, but there are a (very) few pictured on the George Class remembers 'site:

I think your wheels and tire choice looks pretty darn good, though. The small Firestones up front work well on smaller compact cars kike the Falcon, too.

Was this chassis piece from the custom Faclon or the stock version? Or are they the same?

Love where this is headed. :)

I'm happy with my wheel choice for the Falcon but good to know Radir wheels can work for future projects-thanks for the photos.  The chassis I used came from the stock plus kit. I also have the convertible and if I'm not mistaken it has the same chassis. Don't have the street & strip or the custom version. 

Image result for trumpeter falcon