Model Cars Magazine Forum

MID CAROLINA MODEL CAR SWAP MEET SALISBURY NC 2/17/2018

VW93

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, espo said:

Did anyone take any pictures to share ?

This swap is next month and there is no contest or models on display. It is a swap meet only.

The SCMA show was Saturday in Spartanburg SC, I didn't go to it.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, VW93 said:

This swap is next month and there is no contest or models on display. It is a swap meet only.

The SCMA show was Saturday in Spartanburg SC, I didn't go to it.

Thank you for the update.

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to set up today for the swap tomorrow, hope to see some of you there.

I'll have a sign at my table with the Model Cars Magazine logo, stop by and say hello!

swap meet 002.JPG

swap meet 001.JPG

Edited by VW93
wording

1 hour ago, VW93 said:

I was able to set up today for the swap tomorrow, hope to see some of you there.

I'll have a sign at my table with the Model Cars Magazine logo, stop by and say hello!

swap meet 002.JPG

swap meet 001.JPG

You have a great selection there. Please share any pictures of the built models on display. I always enjoy seeing what others are building.

1 minute ago, espo said:

You have a great selection there. Please share any pictures of the built models on display. I always enjoy seeing what others are building.

unfortunately there is no display area, just a swap meet.

If there is interest among the attendees there is a possibility of having an area where builders can display their models.

The only thing is that they would have to police/supervise the area themselves as Allen has a very limited staff to help him run the show. 

Did fairly well at the show today, sold a good amount of kits and picked up a few.

Got to meet Mike999  from the forum for the first time and saw Mikemodeler who I haven;t seen in awhile.

All in all a good time.

Next years show is February 16th, 2019

I hate that I missed you guys. Frank, the guy helping you said that you had gone outside when I came by. I told him to tell you that I came by. Of course I probably walked by your table four times before I saw your sign, oops. :D  I ended up talking to another truck builder for some time, and wasn't able to get back because I had some where that I had to be. I did score a Transtar II kit though.

(I tried to post this many times and kept getting a 404 Error.  Seems to work now...)

Did great at this show today, and it was a blast meeting VW93!

This was about a 4-hour drive for me but absolutely worth it.  Will inventory my haul tomorrow. But I got some things I've been trying to find forever, at less than eBay prices with no shipping to pay.

If you're looking for parts, this is really a great show.  Some vendors have every part neatly organized and bagged, down to tail-lights and bumpers. Others just bring in boxes full of random part-built kits, glue-bombs and such.

Since I wanted to be at the show bright & early, I drove up last night and got a hotel room.  For anyone else thinking of doing that next year, there's a Holiday Inn Express and a Marriott Courtyard right off of Interstate-85, at the first Salisbury exit (Innes St.).  It's a five-minute drive from there to the Civic Center, where the show is held.

Edited by Mike999
error-2

3 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I hate that I missed you guys. Frank, the guy helping you said that you had gone outside when I came by. I told him to tell you that I came by. Of course I probably walked by your table four times before I saw your sign, oops. :D  I ended up talking to another truck builder for some time, and wasn't able to get back because I had some where that I had to be. I did score a Transtar II kit though.

Sorry i missed you there. I had to take a walk occasionally as I threw out my back and needed to try and get it back to semi normal.