Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 GTX grille

On 3/16/2018 at 5:16 AM, camaro69 said:

the ´69 GTX grill too.

5aabb3f7095df_69GTXGrill_03.jpg.eddf086487fa1eb3257e70bf1fc84455.jpg

Greets, Rico

Grill looks Fantastic. (3 on order)

The taillights are also special on the 1969 GTX.

Deep inserts.

Those would make a Excellent offer along with the Grill. :)

Thank you guys.

@ george 53: The rear parts aren´t ready yet. Have the bracing on the trunk lid left to do.

Will let you all know when it´s done. Want to do a testprint too. I don´t like to offer parts which don´t fit because 3d printed parts are more expensive than resin parts yet.

Hope to get this all done soon.

Rico

• 2 months later...

Hi Steve,

thank you very much for your praise. Things are going on slowly because a lot of work. Two jobs and my kids taking a lot of my time. Still trying to complete the ´68 GTX rear end.

But after all I finished the 77´s Ramcharger grill and the 80´s with round headlights for the 1/24 Revell kit.

A grille for Moebius 69´s Ford F100 is also ready but not at my shop yet.

5b8806e04f218_77ramchargerGrill3D.jpg.a2bda1c01576065bcef794cd7a3b0939.jpg

80_Ramcharger_3d.jpg.4a0858ca57d7196dd57e2ecc716f0197.jpg

69_F100_Grill_3D.jpg.3adcb6391f45190338ee731f03c6bae8.jpg

On the other hand I´m working on the 84´s Ramcharger grille too.

To your question: The first grilles were the 68 GTX and RR. They took me my spare time of about two complete months. The other ones I did only as variations so they took not so much time.

Doing these things is still a learning process for me and I´m happy if you all are satisfied with my parts.

Now I have a question for you and any other guy who has purchased parts from my shop.

Do you have some pics of your finished parts for me. Would like to see some finished. :rolleyes:

King regards, Rico

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

After a long time of waiting for you guys I finally finished the bracing on the 68 GTX trunk lid.

GTX_REAR_BRACING_3D.jpg.3ca187c5aa7ffa4ced2f53c6d8d69791.jpg

It´s not 100% accurate but it´s very close. Studied a lot of photos for doing this. Hope you guys like it.

The bracing will prevent the lid from warping to much during the cleaning process at shapeways and makes the part stronger for itself.

The next thing to do is a testprint before offering this at my shop. Will show pics when parts arrived.

Any comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks all of you for your patience and your support.

Another update...

Meanwhile it becomes off topic but I´ve got news for you.

I ordered the 68 GTX rear end yesterday and will get it by the end of next week. Today I finished the 68 GTX door panels too so theat only the seats are left to do.

The door panels are already available... Here some renderings. Hope you´ll like it.

68_GTX_Doorpanel_02.jpg.70e6323adb8d6264b7c9362d16c9c54b.jpg

68_GTX_Doorpanel_01.jpg.0396fbb8d2c98832421320daeaf55e73.jpg

Any critism and suggestions are welcome.

Rico

Update...

Today the next testprint of the rear parts arrived. The trunk lid is now mor accurate and with detail underneath.

My only problem are the taillight frames for the fenders they don´t fit like they should so I had to reshape them.

Now some pics...

DSC_0076.JPG.8ddef5cba380635d6a9e51f14c170255.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG.57d755d848b499e25cb71e2aa0719547.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG.9ac839deac728195eb32f52377ff433d.JPG

At the end the whole assembly consists out of eight sepaerate parts. Hope you like the progress although it took a lot of time.

Thank you all for your patience.

Thank you guys. But please be patient because the rear parts are not available yet. I want to do another testprint of the reshaped fender parts.

When they turned out like I want, I will offer the complete rear assembly for sale too.

Otherwise here is the link to my shop again:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/ra-sti-acute-s-scale-accessories

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/24/2018 at 4:25 PM, Rob Hall said:

I got your '68 Plymouth grilles, '69 Satellite grille and '69 Satellite wheels in the mail today from Shapeways.  Very nice parts.

I placed my order for those parts today. I cannot wait for the 68 gtx rear treatment. While you're at it Rico, how about a proper flat hood for the AMT 68 Road Runner/69 GTX for a Sport Satellite Variant, as well as scripts for the Sport Satellite.

7 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I placed my order for those parts today. I cannot wait for the 68 gtx rear treatment. While you're at it Rico, how about a proper flat hood for the AMT 68 Road Runner/69 GTX for a Sport Satellite Variant, as well as scripts for the Sport Satellite.

Not sure if the '68 is different, but I got a flat '69 Satellite hood from Harts Parts.   

Thank you all.

@ Ron: I can try to model the flat hood too. Scripts would be to small for 3d printing.

I have already drawn the Sport Satellite scripts for decals. Maybe if anyone has good connections to a PE parts manufacturer I can offer the drawing for making the scripts as PE.

10 hours ago, camaro69 said:

Thank you all.

@ Ron: I can try to model the flat hood too. Scripts would be to small for 3d printing.

I have already drawn the Sport Satellite scripts for decals. Maybe if anyone has good connections to a PE parts manufacturer I can offer the drawing for making the scripts as PE.

We never thought about the GTX scripts for the quarter panels on the 68. The 69 Sport Satellite script for the front fender could be done as a chrome adhesive backed transfer, along with the key lock bezels, the side marker lamps on the 68, and the pentastar for the right front fender. A good idea would be to add one extra of each as a lot of us are half blind and ham handed.

13 hours ago, camaro69 said:

Thank you all.

If you have the script artwork in vector format then you can easily have the scripts etched yourself.  See https://ppdltd.com/  Many model railroaders use that company for custom low-volume etching jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 12:23 AM, Ron Hamilton said:

I got my goodies from Shapeways today after taking advantage of the cyber Monday sale. I am happy.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just ordered (and received) the '68 Plymouth Road Runner and GTX grilles today; and am highly impressed with them! I have ordered some 3D printed parts from Shapeways over the past couple of years; but wasn't expecting these grilles to be quite this nice! Thank you! My only 'gripe' is that it is going to take a fair amount of work to attempt to get the grilles (more appropriately, the headlights) to fit a Johan '69 Road Runner body properly. I would much rather back date a Johan '69 Road Runner to a '68 then work with that pile of BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH AMT/Ertl came out with. If you were to modify these '68 grilles to fit the Johan body I would surely order them!  Ed

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys,

I proudly present a new update...

After a long time of try and error and busy times with a lot of work in any direction I now totally redesigned the ´68 GTX rear end. First tesprints on my Anycubic Photon Mono showed the last issues. Now I think I have this one done. Before this is going into my shop I will order another testprint at shapeways to make sure this will work.

The only thing left to do for completing this is to connect the taillight housings on the underside and use this connection as mounting area for the rear bumper which I also want to do next weekend.

Here are some renderings of the new design. Hope you´ll like it, Rico

GTX_REAR_3D_NEW01.jpg.6a07e11b75511cf3f6fa8106008dbfdf.jpg

GTX_REAR_3D_NEW02.jpg.7c2a5c0a3440353f8b2b22485c9f7453.jpg

GTX_REAR_3D_NEW03.jpg.176b515e5a272bf75ffc8ea4b9c35326.jpg

• Like 1