Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Sedan Delivery

unclescott58

I've been hunting for one of these for a long time. I finally found and purchased one on eBay tonight. The sellers claim and photos indicate the kit is in good shape and complete. And the price was right. I'm looking forward to getting this one. 

IMG_2649.JPG

Edited by unclescott58

I think this one only builds-up as a Street Rod.  I am in the middle of building this kit, (I've had it nearly 20 years which shows you my "build-rate"), and still get excited about it when it finds its way back onto my workbench and I make a little bit of progress on it.  I've seen built-ups of this kit both with and without the fenders, and that's the question that I now wrestle with; do I want my build to have its fenders or be fenderless?

Guess I'll make that final decision when the paint for the body starts getting sprayed!  Good luck on your build Uncle Scott; post some pics as it goes... maybe they'll inspire me to finally finish my build!

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 10:43 AM, '70 Grande said:

I think this one only builds-up as a Street Rod. 

Correct. This has been released a few times under various names, all of which are basically the same: http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/791/0767-keep-truckin-ford-sedan

RC2 reissued this kit along with the other "Switchers!" variants on the same base chassis, wheels and tires, etc, so they still exist, but not nearly as nice a starting point as the Revell '32 Ford Sedan IMHO:

switcherssedan.jpg

Edited by Casey

Sad to say not everything is perfect with this. Did a very thorough inventory of the kit part, and found it is missing one thing. And one thing only. Part #12. One of the parts that makes a '32 Ford, a '32 Ford. Part 12 is the grille shell, that holds grille on side, and radiator on the other. I will be contacting the seller to if he may have the part. But, I have my doubts on that. So I maybe needing some help from one of you guys in obtaining the part. 

IMG_2683.JPG

2 hours ago, 68shortfleet said:

I just might have that grill shell. Maybe.

That would be great. Please let me know when you find out for sure. Since the Switchers '32 grille shell is exactly the same, I'd be happy with one of those instead. After its painted, I don't care if it came from another '32 sedan delivery kit, or Switchers kit. They both would work fine. 

I have this one. Pics make it look way worse than it is. It has a radiator glued to it and will take a little effort to get it removed, but doesn't look too hard. Somebody cut the mounting tabs off the bottom of the radiator portion, then tried to just glue the shell to the front of the frame. These glue marks should clean up easily and hide anyways once installed. The glue marks on the front side all hide when the grill insert is installed.

Yours if you want to work with it. 

1515269956613-1645381540.jpg

1515270024484-1156179396.jpg

Edited by 68shortfleet

It's a neat old kit and can build up into a fine model, but it does have several significant problems. The big ones:

1) The frame bears absolutely zero resemblance to an actual '32 Ford frame. This makes it a poor candidate for a fenderless car unless it's channeled.

2) It also suffers from the not-tall-enough syndrome at the cowl that all the AMT '32 Fords have. In the case of this one, it's about halfway between the way-short AMT kits and the close-to-correct Revell '32 Fords.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:21 PM, 68shortfleet said:

I have this one. Pics make it look way worse than it is. It has a radiator glued to it and will take a little effort to get it removed, but doesn't look too hard. Somebody cut the mounting tabs off the bottom of the radiator portion, then tried to just glue the shell to the front of the frame. These glue marks should clean up easily and hide anyways once installed. The glue marks on the front side all hide when the grill insert is installed.

Yours if you want to work with it. 

1515269956613-1645381540.jpg

1515270024484-1156179396.jpg

P.M. me and let me know what you for it. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, maxwell48098 said:

Use the chassis and stock parts from one of the many AMT '32 Ford kits and you can build a stock version.

A.J.

1932 Ford Sedan Delivery (2).JPG

1932 Ford Sedan Delivery (4).JPG

1932 Ford Sedan Delivery (5).JPG

Very, very nice. But, I plan on building mine "box stock". In other words, modified. Though your stock version sure looks great.