65slotcar

Shelby Team 427 Cobra's (update 1-21 )

On 1/27/2020 at 6:57 AM, vamach1 said:

These are going to be nice.¬†ūüėč

thanks Rex

some   more decal work

IMG_0084.JPG

Man those are looking good !

....sorry did you mention what colour that blue is..?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Belugawrx said:

Man those are looking good !

....sorry did you mention what colour that blue is..?

Cheers

thanks guys,   all bodies were sprayed  with Zero Paint  starting  with  grey primer part # ZP-3001  the  dark blue cobra was sprayed with Guardsman blue part# ZP-1080  They  also make the lighter cobra  Viking blue part #ZP-1107   paints are pre-thinned and i really like how well it sprays out  but   still need to spray the Zero Paint clear  and hope nothing happens to the decals

IMG_0087.JPG

Very beautiful - they're looking great.  

Mike K./Swede70

getting  close to  the finish.   did a  test of  house of kolor  automotive  clear  UC-35.  a little decal wrinkle  on the 6 car but not too  bad.  i have a can of Zero Paint  clearcoat  lacquer, but was afraid  lacquer  would  wrinkle or melt decals.   has anyone  used Zero Paint lacquer  over decals ?

IMG_0111.JPG

2 hours ago, 65slotcar said:

getting  close to  the finish.   did a  test of  house of kolor  automotive  clear  UC-35.  a little decal wrinkle  on the 6 car but not too  bad.  i have a can of Zero Paint  clearcoat  lacquer, but was afraid  lacquer  would  wrinkle or melt decals.   has anyone  used Zero Paint lacquer  over decals ?

IMG_0111.JPG

Oh man, not only does the paint looks great, really like the treatment to the paint stand there.

a few more clear coated   .   cleared  all bodies the same,  monogram/ revel  and studio 27 decals  had slight wrinkles.  V-R-M  decals   zero issues and no wrinkles .  after a few very light coats, i now  feel confident  i can just bury  the  model with clear   over  V-R-M  decals.  great  decals !!

IMG_0116.JPG

Outstanding work!    I am always envious of the ability to do these multiple builds at once.  Keep up the excellent work!