Model Cars Magazine Forum

70.5 Pro Mod Camaro...updated 11/09/18

1320wayne

Starting off the new year with a brand new project build. I've been working on the master for my 70.5 Pro Mod Camaro for quite a while now and finally finished it and got the mold created. Now I can get started on a build using the master as the main part of the build. 

I've also had a spare 3d chassis that is designed for a 68 Camaro body but almost fits perfectly inside the 70.5. I will have to make a few small adjustments but for the most part it's perfect. I started by cutting the hood opening for the blower/blower scoop and then cut the front end off. Eventually the doors will be removed but I'm keeping them in place the time being. The yellow paint is only there for the sake of giving the body a smooth finish for casting. It will have a totally different paint scheme.

I will also be seeing how many of my own resin parts that I can utilize in the build.

2017123115_58_56-vi.jpg

2017123115_58_14-vi.jpg

2017123115_58_36-vi.jpg

2017123116_46_51-vi.jpg

2017123117_04_04-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Live the body,where did u find it,or was it created with a 3D printer?The company Shapeways,has a great selection of Pro Mod cars in different scales and configurations.Check them out,if u haven't.

As I mentioned above this is a body that I mastered for resin casting. I make all of my own bodies. 

Here is what the resin version looks like.

2017123110_48_07-vi.jpg

All of the decals are now done and it's time to get started on all of the different sub sections of the build. I'm putting together all of the parts for the engine, suspensions and chassis work. Started on the photo etch brackets for the front and rear suspensions. Wheel are painted and once they dry I can add the decals, clear coat and get them installed in the tires. I'm seeing how much of my own resin parts can be used on this build. 

2018010809_02_49-vi.jpg

2018010809_02_26-vi.jpg

2018011010_53_32-vi.jpg