Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017 builds

LoneWolf15

On 12/31/2017 at 3:13 PM, LoneWolf15 said:

Far more than what has been accomplished in the past few years .....

image.jpeg

The weathering/rust on this is incredible.  I'm wanting to do this on a rat-rod I've got in the que.  Any tips or tricks would be MUCH appreciated.  Although I can understand if you don't want to give away secrets..........

Those are all very nice Donn, love the colors and shiny paint. After seeing the crusty wagon, are you going to create another DVD and go the opposite direction of the previous DVDs? You have a great talent and have been nice enough to share it with us!

On January 4, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Mr Stock said:

Works of art Don !, seriously nice work.

Quick question, the 67 Camaro race car what wheels/tires did you use on that one, they suit it perfectly.

Gary , I believe these are from Replicas & Minatures of Maryland . I used gas caps from Detail Masters for the centers . 

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Those are all very nice Donn, love the colors and shiny paint. After seeing the crusty wagon, are you going to create another DVD and go the opposite direction of the previous DVDs? You have a great talent and have been nice enough to share it with us!

Mike , We decided to go in a different direction . We started a learning channel at Patreon .com instead . $ 4 per week . Two ongoing projects , one is a work table to show table build . The other is a start to finish weathered piece . I realized that I can go far further into detail this way and I am not limited , time wise as I would with a DVD . In between the project segments which are once a week , we fill in with how to's videos . Thanks for your interest , my friend !