Model Cars Magazine Forum

USFS 1941 Chevrolet AK Pickup

Thanks.

I guess Revell thought the custom look would appeal to the younger crowd.  They did it with the 1950 Ford F1 as well, but at least the 1941 Chevrolet can be built completely stock.  I don't think the Ford F1 can (incorrect engine).

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, Jim B said:

Thanks.

I guess Revell thought the custom look would appeal to the younger crowd.  They did it with the 1950 Ford F1 as well, but at least the 1941 Chevrolet can be built completely stock.  I don't think the Ford F1 can (incorrect engine).

True, I just looked in those 2 kits recently (planning an eBay sale).  The custom version has a non-stock engine with Ardun heads and triple carbs.  Revell usually gets around to putting all the options into one box eventually and calling the kit a 2-n-1.  But I don't believe they've done that yet with the 50 Ford pickup, though I could be wrong.

Thanks, Jeff.  I was attaching the front fenders to the IVECO, and the drivers seat popped loose! :angry: In order to repair that, I had to get the interior out of the cab.  Not so easy with an Italeri multi-piece cab.  Also, not sure how I'm going to get it back in, now.

USFS is United States Forest Service.  It's part of the Department of the Interior.

23 hours ago, Jim B said:

Thanks, Jeff.  I was attaching the front fenders to the IVECO, and the drivers seat popped loose! :angry: In order to repair that, I had to get the interior out of the cab.  Not so easy with an Italeri multi-piece cab.  Also, not sure how I'm going to get it back in, now.

USFS is United States Forest Service.  It's part of the Department of the Interior.

Actually the Forest Service is under the Department of Agriculture. Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife Service, etc. are DOI. 

On 2018-01-01 at 3:33 PM, Atmobil said:

Cool!! I like the ida of USFS truck. And that box art needs to go in the "worst box art" thread. I wonder why Revell went for those wheels and look on the boxart as this kit is a gem.

Compared to the 90s version of the AMT 37 Chevy convertible, it's a beauty.... :D

• 3 weeks later...

So, plugging along on the Chevrolet AK, and I have the bed painted; but as I was painting it I realized that I really have no idea what the floor of the bed should be.  It has a wood floor molded in, so should this be natural wood?  Was it painted stock from the factory?  If so, what color?

I'm pretty sure that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train!

20180123_123407.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...