Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Germany in 2018

For anyone who happened to be interested in the modified re-tooling of this Golf GTi, this was released last week.  There's an entire parts runner of new parts to "forward-date" the original GTi kit into a 1983 Pirelli Edition, which includes the wheels, front fascia and chin spoiler, rear fascia, front & rear bumpers, muffler and rear exhaust, along with the steering wheel & door panels - with new decals of course.

10533320p.jpg

Of course you'll have to go through Japan, or a European seller on eBay to obtain one.

Edited by niteowl7710

10 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

For anyone who happened to be interested in the modified re-tooling of this Golf GTi, this was released last week.  There's an entire parts runner of new parts to "forward-date" the original GTi kit into a 1983 Pirelli Edition, which includes the wheels, front fascia and chin spoiler, rear fascia, front & rear bumpers, muffler and rear exhaust, along with the steering wheel & door panels - with new decals of course.

10533320p.jpg

Of course you'll have to go through Japan, or a European seller on eBay to obtain one.

I can hardly wait as that Golf will look great with a straight axle, drag slicks, and a Hemi in it.

47 minutes ago, High octane said:

I can hardly wait as that Golf will look great with a straight axle, drag slicks, and a Hemi in it.

Whatever paddles your canoe, but the Revell US rebox as the VW Rabbit that Ollie's blew out for $8 last year would have been the cheaper and easier to obtain base for that idea - than spending $35+ on this one.

Edited by niteowl7710

nightowl7710, you don't know how lucky you are to be able to pick up some of those kits everyone was talking about. When Hobby Lobby clearenced their kits I did grab a few since I had some funds for the first time in over 3 1/2 years. But there were a lot of kits mentioned at Ollie's that I would have gotten several of. Got to find a source for when (and IF) they do something like that again. Wish I knew if they had any plans to expand farther West.

Edited by socal76

That Golf is a nice kit, but it's the box art that caught my eye... As a backdrop for the car, it depicts what at first glance looks like Berlin (presumably the Brandenburg gate and remains of "the wall" with its iconic graffiti), but over to the right there is a clearly visible "yellow cab" and NYC like architecture... Has anyone else noticed this? :P

29 minutes ago, PowerPlant said:

That Golf is a nice kit, but it's the box art that caught my eye... As a backdrop for the car, it depicts what at first glance looks like Berlin (presumably the Brandenburg gate and remains of "the wall" with its iconic graffiti), but over to the right there is a clearly visible "yellow cab" and NYC like architecture... Has anyone else noticed this? :P

LoL...that's a Crown Vic cab... they did some cut-and-paste of images...