Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weld Magnum Rear wheels

Adhsdad

Hello and Happy New Year's!

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find some resin Weld Magnum rear wheels? I would take kit wheels but I don't remember them being done in plastic or at least from Revell's drag kits.

Thanks,

Ep

Thanks for the response guys. I would love to get my hand on some of the aluminum rims but for now, I need to go a little bit cheaper (i.e. resin wheels).  Does anyone know where I can find the Pegasus rims now?  They;re pretty hard to find these days.

Thanks again,

Ep

I haven't seen the Pegasus (former So-Real Concepts) Magnum PRO wheels for a while, they are listed on Pegasus website but no pictures.
Someone did resin copys of them but I can't recommend him and I don't even know if he still is in business.
I also searched the Shapeways site but I didn't find any Weld Magnum PRO rear wheels, only Magnums for street cars.

3D has the fronts and the more sportsman style Weld Magnums but not the Weld Magnum PRO rears used in the alcohol and nitro classes.

Here is a couple of pictures so one can see the difference.

3D Model Specialties Magnum Wheel from Shapeways

710x528_16909062_9890235_1481571386.jpg

Weld Magnum PRO from the Weld Racing website

MagnumPro_1.jpg

As far as I know no one does correct up to date Magnum PRO's, the centers on them are solid since some years back with no holes except for the wheel studs and the center hole, the closest wheel available for models are the Pegasus/SoReal wheels with small triangularish holes between the round depressions where the lugnuts are...not correct but close, but they were correct for the time they were done.

The Pegasus/SoReal wheel for comparence.

Pacer012-vi.jpg

Edited by Force