Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 for1 34 Ford projects

junkyardjeff

OK, my turn!  A couple of years ago,  at the Detroit NNL, I scored a MIB 2nd issue of the Monogram '34 Ford (the shorter deeper box, stock parts only kit).  Over this past holiday break from work, I decided "it's time".  So into it I dig.  The first thing I noted on the body, and coupe roof  were some incorrect shapes (Monogram did the coupe roof with a considerable overhang at the sides, with a molding above and behind that speaks more of drain moldings (which those bodies did not have,  and the belt line moldings looking more like a couple of "rounded" steps, rather than having a prominent indented crease between the large molding and the the window surround.  So, a whole lotta filing, and the adding of some strip styrene.   Here we go, stock kit roof, to adding some .025" styrene strip stock, to the final shaping of the slightly flared-then-rolled-under edges of the A-pillar, above the door, and down the B-pillar/upper quarter panel:

34 Ford 3 window coupe top original side.jpg

Monogram 34 Ford top corrected side.jpg

I am glad to see there are more being built,here is a picture of all that I have. One stock coupe and another coupe  with the custom grille on the 90s chopped top street rod chassis with the Pontiac motor,the stock chassis from it went under the 90s body with the 60s convertible parts. There is another 90s version with the 60s convertible parts and a ZZ Top coupe.

100_7871.JPG