Model Cars Magazine Forum

1924 Delage GP - a what ?

absmiami

Starting at the tail - - the tape guides the wooden bit -  the paste is applied to the surface and i grind  the swirls one row at a time - it will take some time and practice- but once i move to the upper body panels  I should be good at this - worthy of my .75 daily wages …

286B517F-12DE-4F5F-A3E7-DE64CD962286.jpeg

2FC0A0DB-AF5B-4A79-899E-B16F8AB01789.jpeg

348D257A-B8F2-4DEB-AA83-BA16D8EC6304.jpeg

CACADB60-1CA4-4BDF-A669-B29E80C7FCBF.jpeg

25FF5B7D-A520-47A9-90AA-AE7067E24210.jpeg

Every time I think this build can't get more interesting or entertaining you somehow manage to raise the bar. I can't wait to see how that engine turning works out. Will the alloy hold its polished finish or are you going to clear coat the body to protect it?

Jay C :   Thanks - the metal will be clearcoated - and then finished with a blue tint - the Delages were reported to have been finished with a light blue lacquer tint …. As you see - the pattern on the lower body panels doesn’t look too good - it should look better on the parts of the body that have less solder filler and have a smoother finish - at Least that’s the plan …

85BBEB2B-E978-4C30-9533-ACB69B86A1ED.jpeg

Its June 

are we comparing my palmetto swamp to the French Alps ? ?  
Seriously ? ?   Last night at 9:00 it was 84 degrees - Key West is nice - but you must wait until November - and even then  -  you’ve got to deal with the hordes of cruise ship tourists - nope - this one is “no contest” - as we like to say …

I experimented with the engine turning quite a lot and settled on a small maple dowel in the dremel and an auto polishing paste. Still wasn't satisfied but that always happens. You're doing very well.

well  -  its all your fault ...

wanted to mention the passing of Dr Fred Simeone  -  Hagerty just posted the news

he is the Simeone of the Simeone Museum  / Collection in Phila

always very approachable  -  and a life well lived ...  RIP

36 minutes ago, absmiami said:

well  -  its all your fault ...

wanted to mention the passing of Dr Fred Simeone  -  Hagerty just posted the news

he is the Simeone of the Simeone Museum  / Collection in Phila

always very approachable  -  and a life well lived ...  RIP

Fred put together perhaps the greatest racing car collections on the planet.  A visit to the museum should be on everyone’s bucket list.

764100E0-0285-4C7F-9ED1-6F57BB1D7C7B.jpeg

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, absmiami said:

J:  you wouldn’t kick the cream / Dark silver Lotus Elite out of your garage , would you ?

My '95 Miata may as well be invisible to the hordes of SUVs and big pickups out there. I can't even imagine driving something half its size!

Alrighty - 2 Florida men who own Mazdas - i always thought my [old and long gone] ‘86 RX7 was the perfect size for a sports car - a little bigger than the Mia - and way way bigger than the iconic Loti that informed Mazda’s design teams - i once drive an Elan - boy was that small - and the Elite was smaller!   But the Brits built small sports cars ….  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...