Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cornelius

Old Coyote

... the 1998 Monte Carlo owned by Rick Hendrick and driven by Terry Labonte in the 1998 Winston All Star race ....... the "paint" scheme was a tribute to Cornelius, the Kellogg's Corn Flakes Rooster

... box stock Revell/Monogram kit, Testors enamel paints, Slixx decals

Corny4 (1).jpg

Corny2 (1).jpg

Corny3 (1).jpg

Corny1 (1).jpg

Hello

Could you let me know what paint colours you used? I have the decals to build this. I am just struggling with the colours? Your build is great, wish mine would turn out as good as this!!!I love this scheme. Thanks

Ash

15 hours ago, ash74 said:

Hello

Could you let me know what paint colours you used? I have the decals to build this. I am just struggling with the colours? Your build is great, wish mine would turn out as good as this!!!I love this scheme. Thanks

Ash

Hey Ash,

That car was painted with MCW white lacquer,  and after it had fully cured,  the green and yellow were applied. The green (the "V" in the center of the body and the top) is Testor's green enamel with a few drops of white enamel to lighten it just a bit. And the yellow (rear spoiler) is Testor's Bright Yellow enamel straight out of the bottle . The red and yellow stripes are decals.

Hope that helps you sir

John

Edited by Old Coyote

On ‎8‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, Old Coyote said:

Hey Ash,

That car was painted with MCW white lacquer,  and after it had fully cured,  the green and yellow were applied. The green (the "V" in the center of the body and the top) is Testor's green enamel with a few drops of white enamel to lighten it just a bit. And the yellow (rear spoiler) is Testor's Bright Yellow enamel straight out of the bottle . The red and yellow stripes are decals.

Hope that helps you sir

John

Thank you John, that helps a lot. I will try to track down most of those colours. I don't think MCW paints are available in Australia (Hopefully, one day!!!) thanks

Ash