Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parade in Cleveland today. Jeez!!!

b-body fan

Yeah...too cold to go outside today.  Though it is sunny.  Can always hope for better next season...though I've said that for years w/ the Browns--I remember them being halfway decent when I previously lived in NE Ohio in the late 80s-early 90s.

Edited by Rob Hall

1 hour ago, b-body fan said:

Unbelievable. A parade for my beloved Browns 0-16 season. Truly sad !

Hey man, it takes commitment to really own a 0-16 season. Be proud of them, maybe they'll make it to 0-17 next year.    ;)

The Browns in 91 to 95 had Bill Belichick and fired him for missing the playoffs by 1 game if I remember right. He had them really solid on defense also. I was watching a football show and they was saying in order to get a good coach the would have to fire the front office. They need need some big help in coaching and general manager...

The Brown's need These badly!  A couch like Marty That lead them to the playoffs , A Better Offenceive line ,And Recevers  Not to mention a better draft policy to Draft what would actually help the team. They also need a QB that's a veteran of the NFL For at least 5 years!

3 hours ago, b-body fan said:

Offensive line is actually pretty good. Need to figure out how to replace Thomas! Modell fired Bellichick when they moved to Baltimore.

Really They need to recapture the "Cardiac Kids" Type of team they had in the late early 80's  They need a QB like B.Sipe or B.Kozar  By his stat's Bernie was a better QB then J. Montana!

On 1/7/2018 at 5:09 AM, slusher said:

I was watching a football show and they was saying in order to get a good coach the would have to fire the front office. They need need some big help in coaching and general manager...

Sounds like what needs to be done with the Bears at this point!

6 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Sounds like what needs to be done with the Bears at this point!

Bears let Alshon Jeffery go, Greg Olsen and Robbie Gould. All was really good picks. Greg Olsen was young when traded but look what he became. Bears GM and owners could do much better but are they committed to winning!?

16 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Will be interesting to see what the new GM (Dorsey) does.   they keep saying Hue Jackson will be back next year, but I have my doubts...a  1-31 record isn't very confidence inspiring. 

Usually most new GM's want their own coach, so Hue Jackson may not be on very solid footing for this reason alone.  The few times I watched parts of Browns games, they played hard for Jackson.  It just seems that the team is very young and lacks talent in some key areas.  The Browns Achilles heel for the past couple of decades has been their inability to find / draft a quality quarterback.  If they can ever solve this problem, they could be on the road to being a respectable team rather quickly.

1 minute ago, Jim N said:

Usually most new GM's want their own coach, so Hue Jackson may not be on very solid footing for this reason alone.  The few times I watched parts of Browns games, they played hard for Jackson.  It just seems that the team is very young and lacks talent in some key areas.  The Browns Achilles heel for the past couple of decades has been their inability to find / draft a quality quarterback.  If they can ever solve this problem, they could be on the road to being a respectable team rather quickly.

Yes...they've had a ridiculous number of starting quarterbacks since the team was reborn in '99....something like 34 I believe.   No stability...

1 hour ago, Jim N said:

The Browns Achilles heel for the past couple of decades has been their inability to find / draft a quality quarterback.  If they can ever solve this problem, they could be on the road to being a respectable team rather quickly.

They offered the Patriots a first round pick for Jimmy Garopplo but he went to San Francisco instead.

Just now, Rob Hall said:

I know!  But we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.    

Yeah, but all ya would of had to do is kick a little harder and ya would of had us!!!! Typical Packer fashion they wait til the last 5 minutes of the game to try and win it!!!!!!