Model Cars Magazine Forum

Doc Love's Street Beast Update 3/12/18 Finished

Buffs Fan

10 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Resin-Outlaw-Hood-70-Monte-Carlo-SS-454-AMT-1-25-New-/121785089292.. Great job so far.Cant wait till it's done.But just FYI,I found this resin hood on Lex's resin hoods.Maybe it can help u out.

I had run across that post too but at that point I was already knee deep in building mine but good looking out! 

OK I have been having a hard time recovering from my recent trip to the dentist but I was able to sit at the bench a little this evening and I started pluming the first side of the intake for nitrous I started by drilling out styrene rod to accept the fogger lines which I bent and glued into the intake. Then I drilled the top of the solenoid to run the power and ground wires. Thank you for looking and any and all comments, suggestions or critiques are welcome

thumbnail (17).jpg

thumbnail (18).jpg

thumbnail (20).jpg

• Buffs Fan changed the title to Doc Love's Street Beast Update 1/23
  • Buffs Fan changed the title to Doc Love's Street Beast Update 1/28
  • Buffs Fan changed the title to Doc Love's Street Beast Update 2/7

Next I mounted the seat and steering wheel complete with a trans brake button and I added the Pro comp tach and wired it Please enjoy and hopefully I will be able to make some real progress soon

thumbnail (31).jpg

Edited by Buffs Fan
forgot to add a line of text

• Buffs Fan changed the title to Doc Love's Street Beast Update 2/8
  • Buffs Fan changed the title to Doc Love's Street Beast Update 2/11
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike, this is looking sweet. I'm diggin' it. I'm gathering the stuff to build The Crow out  of diecast. I have the black body from a GMP '71 Judge and the nose from a GMP '70 ready to join together. I'm looking for a good starting point for the chassis. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks and keep it rollin', Blessings, Geno.

20180225_175129.jpg

20180225_175215.jpg

Edited by Geno

On 2/25/2018 at 3:57 PM, Geno said:

Mike, this is looking sweet. I'm diggin' it. I'm gathering the stuff to build The Crow out  of diecast. I have the black body from a GMP '71 Judge and the nose from a GMP '70 ready to join together. I'm looking for a good starting point for the chassis. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks and keep it rollin', Blessings, Geno.

20180225_175129.jpg

20180225_175215.jpg

Geno,

That will be a sick build and I will be watching it for sure! As for the chassis I have scratch built a few using styrene rod and then used an old pro mod chassis as a template and they were OK for this build I used a combo of 2 different chassis one from the Revell 55 Pro mod and also bits from the Revell Match racer firebird. And tbh I dont know enough about diecast to tell you if the styrene chassis will support the extra weight so maybe brass rod might be the way to go there and thats waaaay out of my skill set! Thank you for looking and the kind words 

• Buffs Fan changed the title to Doc Love's Street Beast Update 3/12/18 Finished