Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detail Master this is cool !

aaaaarrrrgh.... looks like all of the Hurst shifter sticks except the most important one - the curved stick for four speed in a 1955-57 Chevy with a bench seat...  looks like a must have deal anyway

See the source imageSee the source image

Edited by Muncie

10 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Couldn't a T handle be made with a piece of Evergreen round rod?  Or even some sprue.  I'm more concerned about a shift boot.

a shift boot can be made by stacking rectangles of .020 or .030 Evergreen plastic to fit the shift boot retainer.

14 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

now if only Detail Master would make the Pistol grip for the Mopar's !

That's another one that would be good to have - Maybe Detail Master has more in the works with the bench seat Chevy and pistol grip Mopars.

32 minutes ago, Dragline said:

How many shifter handles come in the kit?

that is a good question  - it looks like nine - the sheet has 18 shift handle parts to make 9 shifter handles - they can be paired up back to back so the lettering shows on both sides and they build up to scale thickness.

I think Bob is asking bout the number of handles or knobs, not the shift levers? If so, it looks like only one is included, but a box of sewing pins could provide more than one would ever need if you're going with the ball style knobs.

*edit* Just noticed they include several lock nuts for the knob/handle, too. :)

Edited by Casey

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think Bob is asking bout the number of handles or knobs, not the shift levers? If so, it looks like only one is included, but a box of sewing pins could provide more than one would ever need if you're going with the ball style knobs.

yeah, I could have mis-read the question - they include nine shifter balls - description below is straight from Detail Master's web site... hope this is better.

but I agree there are other sources for the knob - I think I would try to source the knob or handle from something else anyway.

http://www.detailmaster.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=e9a357b41d8f0a32801ed9454902676a&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=detailmaster&Product_Code=DM-2531-2&Category_Code=HS

DM-2531 Hurst Shifters (9)

Quantity in Basket: 

None

Price: 

$12.99

Quantity: 

This etch parts comes with 1 etch part and 9 shifter balls. Please use gloves when handeling the lead balls. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, crazyjim said:

Price of the shifters from Hobbylinc is a couple bucks cheaper.  I'll get notified when they arrive and create an order.  Or you can do a backorder with them.

Same here, I've got Hobbylinc and MegaHobby both set to email me as soon as they are in stock.