Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aftermarket Pro-touring parts???

With the popularity of Pro-touring. Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket companies are doing any Pro-touring parts. I have seen the bare Pro-touring chassis on Ebay. But it is bare. you have to source your own suspension and drive train.

Tim

Edited by Tim H

Just a couple vendors I've done business with and like their parts...Clearly Scale has a variety of engines, seats, wheels and tires applicable to the PT genre,  as does C1 Models has a variety of wheels, tires, body kits..there are many others out there also. 

http://www.clearlyscale.com

http://www.c1-models.com

Edited by Rob Hall

9 minutes ago, 68shortfleet said:

Steven Zimmerman has some excellent wheels available. I think he is only available via Facebook though.

Not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer.

True; he sells a lot of pro touring style (and hotrod) wheel sets at NNL East, NNL Nationals, and Detroit NNL, otherwise it's from his own Facebook page. Neat stuff! 

What I am looking for is the suspension components. The parts that one would need to complete one of those bare chassis sold. But wheels & tires and interior are also play an important roll in completing the pro-touring look.

Tim

Thin, I think you are asking too much :lol:

By Suspension components I could undestand bars, "A" arms, shock absorbers, springs, air suspension kit, etc. Right?

Most of these components you should modified by yourself -by kitbashing or scratchbuilding, even because each project (and mainly each kit) has its peculiarities.

You even can find something over here, something over there.. but other than wheels and disk breaks sets, I would say it is hard to find.
I already saw air bags in 3D printed and machined, and a 4link 3D printed as well.

On 1/14/2018 at 8:28 AM, Tim H said:

What I am looking for is the suspension components. The parts that one would need to complete one of those bare chassis sold. But wheels & tires and interior are also play an important roll in completing the pro-touring look.

Tim

The easiest way of buying pro-touring parts is just buying a Viper kit. That would have nearly everything you need and they aren't in demand so prices should be fairly reasonable.

30 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

The easiest way of buying pro-touring parts is just buying a Viper kit. That would have nearly everything you need and they aren't in demand so prices should be fairly reasonable.

Or one of the older full detail C5R race cars... lots of good suspension pieces in there.