Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint shaker

To whomever it was that came up with the idea of using a jig saw with a squeeze type clamp to make a paint shaker, my hats off to you. It is one of the best & easiest accessories I have come across in the modelling world. The on/off switch on my saw is very stiff, so I can just slide it ahead enough to get the action going and shaking without flinging the paint out of the clamp. I used it on the weekend for bottles & cans and it performed excellent. MY right shoulder is not the best & this sure takes a lot of strain off from shaking by hand. Again, many thanks for the tip.

Not being able to find my small clamp and having a new reciprocating saw, I went "ghetto mod" and have been using an old roll of 2" masking tape to tape the bottles and cans to the blade of the saw.  And a light touch!  Yes I know the safety patrol will be rolling their eyes and shaking their heads.  But it works for me.  From little square testors bottles up to the big Krylon sized cans.  Have to make sure the can/bottle doesn't hit the foot on the inward part of the stroke.    Well shaken paint is a new luxury to me.